Jambands.ca

Q o' the Year, pt. 2....

guigsy

so, we're having a little discussion on what to do on new years...how bout, what to do AFTER new years...im talkin about doin the things next year that u said you would do this year, but never got around to, or new goals....i believe the common term is "resolution"...anyone got to work thinking on their new years resolutions? here are 2 of mine so far:

1) think BEFORE i speak...or type...case in point.

2) start something that i cant really tell anyone about just yet, but when it happens, you'll all know.

anyone else?

I have a ton of unresolved resolutions that have been hanging around my neck for years now (like, what am I going to do with my life????) but for 2004, the answer is pretty clear for me:

I have got to do something about my physical decline. 2003 has turned out to be a pretty docile year for MarcO. Too much bad food washed down with a million beers, too little exercise. I'm not a real active person at the best of times but I always got by with long walks (with the help of a discman and a little herb [Wink] ) or disappearing into the Bruce Trail system for a day but even those activities seem to have fallen by the wayside. I can feel it in the clothes I wear but when I look in the mirror there's absolutely no denying it - that rapidly growing extra chin of mine has to go. My gut is poking out too much. Also, I'd like to get in better shape so I can eventually fight Esau13.

I don't feel sexy! I mean go ahead, feel me if you want.....

That's really what I want to accomplish. I remember being in shape and how it made me feel so good. I danced more, smiled more, had more energy, gotta get back to that space!

Awww Marco your sexy sweetie! If you ever need a hiking partner let me know!

I am in the process of quiting smoking (again, and again), so hopefully by this new years I will be done.

And I'm also getting everything negative and everyone negative out of my life. It feels amazing to get those negative things/people out of your life!

One last hope for the new year.... by then I should be a certified reflexologist and hope to start plans for my own business!!

I'm starting college in Jan and my goal is to finish at the top of my class. I've already done the fuck up, drink too much, bucket tokes for breakfast thing when I went to University in 1991. So this time I'm going to apply myself(to school). For extra money, I will be running a workshop for first year students on how to get 5 people high on one gram of weed for the whole night. Hey, I have to have something to show for the $15,000.00 I spent for one year of university. [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by Super Freak:

I'm starting college in Jan and my goal is to finish at the top of my class. I've already done the fuck up, drink too much, bucket tokes for breakfast thing when I went to University in 1991. So this time I'm going to apply myself(to school). For extra money, I will be running a workshop for first year students on how to get 5 people high on one gram of weed for the whole night. Hey, I have to have something to show for the $15,000.00 I spent for one year of university.
[Roll Eyes]

Being top of the class is over-rated... and takes too much work. If I could do it all over again my goal would be to "learn" something... (like how to use a law degree as a stepping stone for never working, and just chilling out going to shows. Anyone have any ideas?)

I've been thinking about this one for a few days and it's been hard for me to think of anything I really want to change. I have never been happier or healthier than I am in 2003.

I guess I need to work on some respect issues with my mother and need to pick up the phone and call my friends more often.

Gentlemonkey has taught me a good lesson without even knowing that he has. He is the type of person that will send off a quick, one-line Email just to let you know that he's thinking about you. It takes so little effort but it has such a major impact. I'd like to start doing that myself. Who can't find the time for that?

Archived