Jambands.ca

Phish 12/30/10 - How easy a ticket?

Hartamophone

Haven't been considering this run, but I am now looking at maybe being in NYC for the 30th. I just checked Stub Hub quickly (using it as a proxy, not looking to buy) and saw that you can get tickets there for a hundred bucks. If that's any indicator, I dare say this isn't even close the top-tier of hard-to-get Phish tickets.

Thoughts?

Edited by Guest

$119 will get you a seat in the 400's behind the stage and you haven't even paid shipping yet.

You are going to be damn close to $200 to get a ticket delivered that you will actually want to watch the show from.

Fair enough, although my thoughts were that if scalpers are asking as low as $100 right now to get in the building, there is a pretty good likelihood that there will be some tickets to be found for cheaper closer to the show. I was actually pretty surprised at how low the prices that I saw were, given that this is a New Year's run in NYC.

Yes.

But thats not to say I haven't been watching the market and salivating at the thought of dumping them:

My tickets are selling for around $750 a piece on stubhub, but its impossible to tell how many of these 'sales' are just one scalper buying from another to make it seem like there is demand. I would also have to pay about $250 per ticket to sit where I really want.

I'll be the guy in the second row for sure, but I will always wonder if I could have paid for my trip by buying and selling.....

i don't anticipate 12/30 being too tough...

could be a situation like halloween where on 10/29 there were so many extras you literally couldn't give one away, though they had been hard to find previously. people are holding tix that they hope to trade for 12/31 and when that doesn't happen there could be a flood of tix.