Jambands.ca

The Day The Music Died

Velvet

12/16/92 (Wed) Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Arena - Oakland, CA

Set 1: Feel Like A Stranger, Brown Eyed Women, The Same Thing, Loose Lucy, Stuck Inside A Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again, Row Jimmy, Let It Grow

Set 2: Shakedown Street, Samson & Delilah, Ship of Fools, Playing In The Band > Drums > Space > Dark Star > All Along The Watchtower > Stella Blue > Good Lovin', E: Casey Jones

PHISH 12/16/99 Reynolds Coliseum - Raleigh, NC

I: (1:18) Wilson > Chalkdust Torture, Lawn Boy, Limb by Limb, Horn, Get Back

On The Train, Roggae, Heavy Things, Camel Walk, Possum

II: (1:14) Sand (23 Min), The Mango Song, Wading in the Velvet Sea > Jam > Tweezer (30 Min) > Runaway Jim

E: (0:09) Bittersweet Motel > Tweezer Reprise

That weird atonal jam out of Wading into Tweezer was a definite precursor the Sand>Quad at Big Cypress two weeks later.....

12/16/92 (Wed) Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Arena - Oakland, CA

Set 1: Feel Like A Stranger, Brown Eyed Women, The Same Thing, Loose Lucy, Stuck Inside A Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again, Row Jimmy, Let It Grow

Set 2: Shakedown Street, Samson & Delilah, Ship of Fools, Playing In The Band > Drums > Space > Dark Star > All Along The Watchtower > Stella Blue > Good Lovin', E: Casey Jones

what a great night. the best post-Brent show that I saw (# 2 is 5/31/92). The shakedown>samson was killer. Jerry was playing these really cool and unusual riffs during shakedown. after the 2nd set I ws thinking that Casey Jones would be the perfect encore for such a show.

and I also really dug Disco Duck. hey I was 11 years old. and did you know that Rick Dees still does the top 40 as as yndicated show every week (once again, I know this thanks to my daughter).