Jambands.ca

Fines for Failing to Recycle

bouche

I've discussed the green bin and recycling programs with many people. Some are all for it, many are against it.

Here are some of the comments I've been hearing from the dissenters, followed by my rebuttal. These are actual quotes from co-workers, neighbours, and my father-in-law:

"I don't believe in recycling".

WTF? It's not like it's a religion or a laundry detergent! Get a grip.

"Having to separate my garbage makes me an unpaid employee of the city"

Oh I see. It's not your garbage, it's the city's garbage. Riiiiight.

"Recycling is a scam. It all ends up in the landfill anyway"

You should stop listening to Lowell Green.

"Those bags for the green bin are expensive".

True, but you don't have to use them. You can wrap your leftover food in newspapers.

"In the summer, there are going to be lots of maggots in the green bin"

Keep your leftover food in the freezer until garbage day. Then put it in the green bin.

"That's too much work".

No it's not. I do that and it takes me less than 5 minutes a week. You're just lazy.

"The green bin is going to get icky".

You're a pussy.

To conclude, If a world war breaks out and the people of Canada are called upon to make the kind of sacrifices our grandparents had to make during WWII (e.g. rationing of gas and food, saving scrap metal, etc.), I say we're doomed. We've become a nation of lazy, selfish jerks.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Swiss village has found a drastic way to compel dog owners to pay their pet's annual tax: Cough up, or the dog gets it, Associated Press reports. "Reconvilier - population 2,245 humans, 280 dogs - plans to put Fido on notice if its owner doesn't pay the annual $50 tax. Local official Pierre-Alain Nemitz says the move is part of an effort to reclaim hundreds of thousands of dollars in unpaid fines. He says a law from 1904 allows the village to kill dogs if [their] owners do not pay the canine charge." He said the authorities have received death threats.

A Swiss village has found a drastic way to compel dog owners to pay their pet's annual tax: Cough up, or the dog gets it, Associated Press reports. "Reconvilier - population 2,245 humans, 280 dogs - plans to put Fido on notice if its owner doesn't pay the annual $50 tax. Local official Pierre-Alain Nemitz says the move is part of an effort to reclaim hundreds of thousands of dollars in unpaid fines. He says a law from 1904 allows the village to kill dogs if [their] owners do not pay the canine charge." He said the authorities have received death threats.

Thanks Davey "Weekly World News" Boy.