Jambands.ca

Audiobook suggestions

bouche

I'm closing off my audible account and I have 5 credits (books) to use before I cancel. I dig biographies and really good fiction. I've recently read (in book form) Slash, I Am Ozzy, Dirt, and the Mackenzie Phillips bio (what a facked up life!). Audio books I've gone through in the last couple of years are the ender's game series (main story), Artie Lange's bio, Paul Shaffer's bio, Shatner's bio, and a cool sci-fi series called Spin. I've got an interesting one to listen to still called Outliers. These are mostly to listen to on a treadmill or in the car.

Here are the 2 I'm sold on. If you've got some suggestions, please post a reply.

I'm reading Keith Richard's book "Life" and loving it. Not sure if it's available in audiobook form though.

Also, the Gram Parsons biography "Twenty Thousand Roads" is a really, really interesting bio.

yeah, it's 24 hours! And it's not read by Keef. It's way more entertaining, and you get a better sense of the life story when they're read by the actual subject. That's why I loved the paul shaffer, william shatner, and artie lange bios. They read them, though artie had a couple other Stern show folk take on some chapters. Jim Florentine's was hilarious. He can't read well, so Howard had a bunch of outtakes on his show last year. Priceless.

Thanks brad. I now know why it didn't show up in my search...

We're sorry. Due to publishing rights restrictions, we are not authorized to sell this item in the country where you live.

Thanks for the suggestions. I found a few that looked interesting. Here's how I completed the list.

The Lost Gate - Orson Scott Card

The Black Hole War: My Battle with Stephen Hawking to Make the World Safe for Quantum Mechanics

Scar Tissue: Anthony Kiedis

DEM, Colbert's is already in the library. Ms.Hux got it a when it came out. I haven't gotten to it yet.

Have I mentioned that Audible is a really wicked service? I'm only cancelling because I cannot keep up with the credits now that Ms.Hux has a Kindle. Audiobooks are fantastic for passing the time, or making a monotonous passage of time feel less so. 1 credit = 1 book. $14.95/mth is the basic plan for 1 credit (book) per month.

you can get a free trial with one free book using this link

worth a shot.

World War Z makes for a good audiobook as it is written in an interview style and they got a full cast of voice actors.

Only if you like the idea of a full world zombie war, of course.

who doesn't like that idea? a zombie war would be pretty cool. Mainly because anything goes, and they're easy to kill.