Jambands.ca

RC: Huron + Great Bloomers + Withering Pines @ Dekcuf (Ott.)

bradm

ya, it was pretty packed. I was wondering how many more people the place could hold.

I was tired after a long week, and need to get up early saturday, but at 10:30 decided to just go.

I got there right at 11:00 and got in. Huron was about 10 minutes into their set, which went till 11:30. My only complaint is that i wish it was longer.

hung out for some of Great Bloomers and left around 12:15. and now i'm going to sleep.

Am I completely in left field for getting a boy band vibe from The Great Bloomers? There was something very packaged about them.

Huron were great but the lame crowd stifled my enjoyment somewhat. Too many facebook picture flashes going off. Should have got there earlier to get a better spot.

Nice to have finally met you BWM! And GoodRev too. I apologize for my drunken rambling about how awesome Huron is. ;)

As we were being paid at the end of the night, the promoter told me that there were people turned away, so sorry to hear you were among them Velvet and phorbesie! Huge bummer. Sweet that you skated to the show though...as we were pulling into town we mused aloud that people must skate to work regularly, am I right?

Thanks so much to everybody that made it. Ottawa is still probably the town in which we have the best shows. Hamilton last night was great but not sure if it beat Ottawa.

rubberdinghy I knew I recognized you when I saw you at Call the Office, but wasn't sure from where and only found out the next day that it was you...I was like, Adam, why didn't you introduce me?? Anyway, next time.

I'm glad I made it in. And I think I need to buy tickets in advance when the GoodRev is in the band. I got shut out of the Lee Harvey Osmond show at the Elmdale a couple of months gao.

Am I completely in left field for getting a boy band vibe from The Great Bloomers? There was something very packaged about them.

I thought the same thing. they definitely seemed to be posing at times. looked like they were lining up the guitars at points. and they've got this look about them, the fashion etc... but, the music, I thought, was pretty good. good harmonies - reminded me of Fleet Foxes a bit.

great to finally meet you too , as well as and . (I think that's who I met!)