Jambands.ca

Any Golden Smog fans out there?

CyberHippie

I caught Golden Smog about four years ago at the Horseshoe, it was a fantastic show, that was a complete surprise to me, my friend had an extra so I decided to check it out. If your a fan of roots rock, you should definetly check them out. The band is/was: Jeff Tweedy (Wilco), Gary Louris (Jayhawks), Marc Perlman (Jayhawks), Kraig Johnson (Jayhawks), Dan Murphy (Soul Asylum), Noah Levy (Honeydogs), Chris Mars (Replacements), Jody Stephens (Big Star), Jessy Greene (Geraldine Fibbers), Mark Olson (Jayhawks).

Here's a sbd from 1999-01-22

http://www.sharingthegroove.org/msgboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21326

I LOVE Golden Smog... love em!

That's weird that you mention that as I was listening to them last night too... I came home last night and Mike and Jer were blasting "Glad and Sorry"... that Faces cover that Golden Smog does an incredible version of.

Wilco I completely love and Jayhawks I adore... I got to hang out with those guys actually this year and reminisce about all the bloody phenomenal work they've put out... such a dream!

Maybe you could burn me that show CH? Pretty please? [big Grin]

Yeah I really wish I'd gotten the chance to see them more than once. It was really sweet seeing all these amazing guitarist/singers sharing the same stage all taking turns with the leads and vocals, having a great time, ego-free. Jeff Tweedy, Dan Murphy, and Gary Louris really impressed me!

I've never really gotten into Wilco, but I really dug Tweedy in smog!

I'll set ya up Mary...

Originally posted by CyberHippie:

I've never really gotten into Wilco...

Hey!

Take that back! [Mad]

Go listen to "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" or "Summerteeth", and try to say that again!

Of course, I have one of the Golden Smog albums (can't remember which one, it's in a box in my parents' basement), and I quite like it.

Since when were there so many people in the band? I recall that [whatever album it is] has about five members...

jesus.....i didnt know golden smog existed....i got somethin new to look for now.....now, have any of you ever listened to smog? just smog, without the golden? somethin new for you to look for...

i gotta agree with hamilton...if you're not into wilco, check those albums out...'specially yankee hotel....personally, i'll take being there over summerteeth, but i think summerteeth is more indicative of where they were about to head with yankee hotel....but shit, man, nothin beats tweedy screamin' on misunderstood, the lead track on being there....

Archived