Jambands.ca

Pearl Jam DESTROYS The Hammer!

Marcust99

"He made it to The Hammer, had a smoke in a tree"

Incredible night last night! Possibly the best show I've ever seen. Ran 2:42 in total too. Certainly the longest I've seen....

Never seen Ed so loaded and chatty. He was all over the place. By Ledbetter he was on his third bottle of red...going into the crowd and stuff.

The band was really having a blast and the crowd was super pumped.

Copps Coliseum

Hamilton,ON

Sept 15, 2011

01. Given To Fly

02. The Fixer

03. Severed Hand

04. Corduroy

05. Hail Hail

06. U

07. Immortality

08. Setting Forth

09. Not For You

10. Olé

(Ed thanks Laura and Eric from Wishlist Foundation and talks about a review in a paper that misstated the amount of money the foundation has raised. Mike plays "Evenflow" for them)

11. Evenflow

12. Cropduster

13. Daughter/Blitzkrieg Bop-(Ramones)

14. Habit

15. Push Me Pull Me

16. Just Breathe

17. Jeremy

18. Why Go

ENCORE BREAK 1

19. Nothingman

Ed talks about today being the anniversary of Johnny Ramones death. He talks about how much Johnny meant to him. He then plays a Ramones song.

20. I Remember You-(Ramones) {played by solo Ed on electric guitar)

21. Betterman/I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend-(Ramones)/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)

22. Black

23. State Of Love And Trust

24. Porch

ENCORE BREAK 2

25. Brain Of J

26. Unthought Known

27. Crazy Mary-(Williams)

28. Search And Destroy w/ Mark Arm & Steve Turner of Mudhoney-(Pop, Williamson)

29. Alive

30. Yellow Ledbetter

Made it home in 21 min. Love *that*!!

Edited by Guest

Nice post, Marcus. Was indeed a great evening that was mostly due to the crowd pushing so much energy up to the band who responded with a kickass show.

VERY into the show, cheering throughout, screaming, dancing and even a couple unprompted, spontaneous sing-alongs that had Eddie just standing in amazement.

Definitely lived up to Neil Young's warning to Eddie about being ready for a hammer crowd.

(I also agree about Copps ... one of the easiest in and out venues anywhere.)

Well a friend of mine is a bouncer at the Horseshoe, where Mudhoney did a surprise gig last Saturday. He was hanging out with them most of the night, then got tickets and backstage passes to the PJ show on Monday. Backstage at the PJ show my friend and a guy from Mudhoney were chatting it up about Hamilton, what makes it tick and what makes it rock, and my friend suggested he belt out a classic "Argos Suck!" to get the crowd riled up. The guy said he would!

I quite liked Mudhoney. Very high energy stuff, punky, loud, unpolished. Reminded me of Iggy Pop (even before they did the encore last night) and some of the more hard rock stuff of Bauhaus. Interesting vocals.

This sort of style can come across as shallow and posed, but these guys were quite believable and what little crowd bothered to come in for the opener sure did seem to like them. I know I did.