Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 11/12

hamilton

Guest Low Roller

515905-joe-sakic-joue-pour-nordiques.jpg

Don't forget that Sakic and Sundin also played together with the despicable Nordiques.

The Sundin trade was arguably one of the greatest trades that the Leafs ever made.

The Maple Leafs acquired Sundin in a trade on June 28, 1994. The Nordiques sent Sundin, Garth Butcher, Todd Warriner, and a 1994 first-round draft pick (acquired through the 1992 Eric Lindros deal, traded to the Washington Capitals, used to pick Nolan Baumgartner) to the Leafs in exchange for Wendel Clark, Sylvain Lefebvre, Landon Wilson, and a 1994 first-round draft pick (used to pick Jeff Kealty).

Edited by Low Roller

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always felt that Don Cherry was a big reason why Sundin never got the respect he deserved right from the get-go and then backhandedly slapping him through the years slamming Euros as fakers/divers and not being good captains and blah blah blah...........

“You’re kidding me,†Don Cherry told The Toronto Star when informed of the trade that summer. “This isn’t April 1. This has got to be April 1. This is a joke. I hope somebody’s kidding me that you would trade Clark for Mats Sundin.â€

I always felt that Don Cherry was a big reason why Sundin never got the respect he deserved right from the get-go and then backhandedly slapping him through the years slamming Euros as fakers/divers and not being good captains and blah blah blah...........

“You’re kidding me,†Don Cherry told The Toronto Star when informed of the trade that summer. “This isn’t April 1. This has got to be April 1. This is a joke. I hope somebody’s kidding me that you would trade Clark for Mats Sundin.â€

Absolutely true.