hamilton

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^^

words

I'd love to see them actually stand behind them. Accountability? Where's the accountability for missing the playoffs for seven straight years? Signing a coach at xmas, firing him, and then paying him for next season?

f it. Leaf season has been over for a while. Let's get the playoffs going and see some good hockey.

Let's go BLUE JAYS!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good ole Skillsy noting the differences playing in a Leafs jersey vs a Hab one.

Stubbs: A lot is made of the media around the Canadiens, turning over every rock for the scoop. You’ve played in Toronto and Boston, Original Six hockey cities and hot hockey markets. Any way to compare?

Hal Gill: There’s so much media in Montreal that you kind of forget about it. Toronto was crazy but in Montreal, there’s a feeling of celebrity more than just hockey. Carey Price is a celebrity. If Brad Pitt and Carey Price are standing there, I think people are going to Carey. Toronto is similar in some ways, but there’s a lot more going on (in sports). Here, there’s a lot of “what are players doing off the ice?â€

I’m not pretty to watch, I get that. I understand when fans want to see someone make a saucer pass or score a goal. But I was really impressed in Montreal the way people said about me, “No, that’s not what he does. Watch, he’ll make a pokecheck.â€

In Toronto, I had the best year of my career, a bunch of points, but I was doing everything they really didn’t care for. I’d do a full two minutes on the PK, doing everything, and they were just like, “He’s not good.â€

I come to Montreal and I’m like, “I hope they don’t boo me out of here, as they can.†It was kinda nice that they got on my good side and saw what I could do well.

• 4 weeks later...

2012/13 Leafs Sched

OCTOBER

SAT 13 MONTREAL 7PM

WED 17 @WASHINGTON 730PM

THU 18 COLUMBUS 7PM

SAT 20 OTTAWA 7PM

FRI 26 @NY ISLANDERS 7PM

SAT 27 @PHILADELPHIA 7PM

TUE 30 ANAHEIM 7PM

NOVEMBER

THU 01 BOSTON 7PM

SAT 03 CHICAGO 7PM

WED 07 PITTSBURGH 730PM

FRI 09 NEW JERSEY 7PM

SAT 10 @WASHINGTON 7PM

TUE 13 ST.LOUIS 7PM

THU 15 @PITTSBURGH 7PM

SAT 17 OTTAWA 7PM

MON 19 @CAROLINA 7PM

WED 21 @COLORADO 930PM

FRI 23 @MINNESOTA 6PM

MON 26 NEW JERSEY 7PM

WED 28 PHILADELPHIA 7PM

THU 29 @WINNIPEG 8PM

DECEMBER

SAT 01 @MONTREAL 7PM

MON 03 BUFFALO 7PM

THU 06 CAROLINA 7PM

SAT 08 BOSTON 7PM

TUE 11 WINNIPEG 7PM

THU 13 NASHVILLE 730PM

SAT 15 @VANCOUVER 7PM

TUE 18 @EDMONTON 930PM

WED 19 @CALGARY 930PM

SAT 22 MONTREAL 7PM

THU 27 @NEW JERSEY 7PM

FRI 28 @OTTAWA 730PM

JANUARY

TUE 01 @DETROIT 1PM

THU 03 TAMPA BAY 7PM

SAT 05 @MONTREAL 7PM

MON 07 WASHINGTON 7PM

THU 10 FLORIDA 7PM

SAT 12 VANCOUVER 7PM

TUE 15 @TAMPA BAY 730PM

THU 17 @FLORIDA 7PM

FRI 18 @CAROLINA 7PM

MON 21 @BOSTON 1PM

WED 23 @PHILADELPHIA 730PM

TUE 29 @BUFFALO 7PM

THU 31 WASHINGTON 7PM

FEBRUARY

SAT 02 EDMONTON 7PM

MON 04 CALGARY 7PM

THU 07 @WINNIPEG 8PM

SAT 09 @MONTREAL 7PM

TUE 12 @BOSTON 7PM

WED 13 WINNIPEG 7PM

SAT 16 OTTAWA 7PM

MON 18 @FLORIDA 730PM

TUE 19 @TAMPA BAY 730PM

THU 21 NY ISLANDERS 7PM

SAT 23 @OTTAWA 7PM

TUE 26 DALLAS 7PM

THU 28 @NY RANGERS 7PM

MARCH

SAT 02 PHILADELPHIA 7PM

MON 04 @LOS ANGELES 1030PM

TUE 05 @SAN JOSE 1030PM

THU 07 @PHOENIX 9PM

SAT 09 PITTSBURGH 7PM

TUE 12 NY ISLANDERS 7PM

THU 14 BUFFALO 7PM

SAT 16 NY RANGERS 7PM

TUE 19 @BUFFALO 7PM

WED 20 TAMPA BAY 730PM

SAT 23 BOSTON 7PM

MON 25 @BOSTON 7PM

TUE 26 FLORIDA 7PM

THU 28 CAROLINA 7PM

SAT 30 @OTTAWA 7PM

APRIL

MON 01 @PITTSBURGH 7PM

TUE 02 @BUFFALO 7PM

THU 04 @NY ISLANDERS 7PM

SAT 06 NY RANGERS 7PM

MON 08 BUFFALO 7PM

WED 10 @NY RANGERS 730PM

FRI 12 @NEW JERSEY 7PM

SAT 13 MONTREAL 7PM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ouch.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/espn-ranks-maple-leafs-the-worst-team-in-pro-sports-1.946851

The Toronto Maple Leafs are the worst team in professional sports, according to a new ranking by ESPN The Magazine.

The American sports network listed the Leafs at the bottom of its annual Ultimate Standings Ranking, released Friday. The rankings compare franchises from the NHL as well as the NFL, NBA and MLB. A total of 122 teams are ranked in the categories of fan relations, quality of ownership, affordability, stadium experience, likeability of players, coaches, the number of championships fans can expect to witness in a lifetime and “bang for the buck.â€

The Maple Leafs were ranked dead last in affordability and bang for the buck – which stacks up revenue collected from fan bases against the number of team wins during the past three seasons. The Leafs also ranked second-last in player quality and anticipated titles, and near the bottom in each of the other categories.

The NBA’s Oklahoma City Thunder was ranked the best team in professional sports.

The Toronto Blue Jays, meantime, were ranked 79 and the Toronto Raptors were ranked 103. In 2011, the Maple Leafs were ranked 120 (out of 122) and the Raptors were ranked 116. The Blue Jays were ranked 63.

Hockey teams from elsewhere in Canada fared somewhat better than the Maple Leafs. The Ottawa Senators were the highest-ranked Canadian team at 42.

The Winnipeg Jets and Vancouver Canucks were ranked 91 and 92 respectively, while the Calgary Flames (106), Montreal Canadians (111) and Edmonton Oilers (114) also ranked above the Leafs.

The rankings were based on a report by Maddock Douglas, a Chicago consulting firm, and a survey completed through ESPN.com and NetReflector, a Seattle opinion research company.

Financial analysis for the rankings came from the Warsaw Sports Marketing Centre at the University of Oregon.

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...