(Disk Three)

1. King Solomon’s Marbles 10:22

2. Sugaree > 13:53

3. Goin’ Down The Road Feelin’ Bad

4. Donor Rap 1:47

5. The Eleven > 8:55

6. US Blues 6:14

http://bit.ly/s4imJj

Wow! Fantastic show on Friday night. Lived up to all expectations and then some.

We only had a short amount of time to take in Shakedown. On a cold, wet, rainy night it let up just enough for a quick run up and down Shakedown. More then enough time to find some cookies, brownies and some killer hot chocolate (all items with extra special ingredients :loveweed: ).

Easy in to the OnCenter and we found Sec 116 and proceeded to own it. Lots of room around with chill'd heads abound just goovin' to what they were giving us. Easy beer lines with affordable prices. Never without a beer in hand all night it seemed. Love it.

Can't say how much I enjoyed how the band was performing. That Jack Straw was a huge first set highlight for me (along with that Reuben & Cerise!) They nailed it and took it a bit furthur indeed. Melt into that second set and between WRS and Dark Star and we were on the good spaceship Dead only to be brought back to earth by an ELEVEN>US Blues encore.

:chug: :bonghit: :dazed: :content: :hail:

I slept like a baby after going out for a few more beers and then crashing at the hotel. Got up in the morning wishing i could go to the next show. Just like old times :D Reality, and i hit the road to make it to my daughter's hockey game on time (just).

Sitting here now listening to the show ...

http://bit.ly/s4imJj

... and wishing I had just gotten in the car and gone to Buffalo for tonight's show. I know i'll be kicking myself tomorrow morning.

Thanks again everyone for a much needed break from reality.

Go see Furthur!

11/13/11 (Sun) First Niagara Center - Buffalo, NY

Set 1: Music Never Stopped, Alabama Getaway > Greatest Story Ever Told, Built to Last > Operator, Mission in the Rain, Dupree's Diamond Blues, Hard to Handle, Gimme Some Lovin'

Set 2: Jam > Truckin' > Smokestack Lightning > Truckin' > Jam > Bird Song, China Cat Sunflower > Crazy Fingers > Polythene Pam (1) > She Came In Through The Bathroom Window > Terrapin Station Suite > Standing On The Moon > Turn On Your Lovelight E: Johnny B. Goode

Definite highlights for me were Mission in the Rain into Dupree's Diamonds. Really most of second set was pretty sweet. The Terrapin into Standing on the Moon is what resonates with me the most. Only real negative thing I can say is that Johnny B. Good is about the least impressionable song one could ever choose for an encore in my mind. I've seen them close twice with that, and meh.

Otherwise I wish the music wouldn't stop.

Only real negative thing I can say is that Johnny B. Good is about the least impressionable song one could ever choose for an encore in my mind. I've seen them close twice with that, and meh.

Otherwise I wish the music wouldn't stop.

I was soooooo craving a Johnny B. Goode encore in Amherst. Given that we saw Chuck Berry the night before it would've been just perfect.

Agreed though that under normal circumstances it's not the most exciting encore.

Just listening to an aud of the buffalo, and its just as solid as it was live:) gotta say how impressive I think chimenti and russo are in this line-up. Russo is just massive! VERY nice (to me) punchy drum sound and chimenti is great on all the arsenal he has in his rack. I love the loves me a tinkling pi-ana and was not disappointed.

JK is just another thing altogether:) I'll just say right up front I think his playing is the real deal. I've had the philosophical discussions about a guy who has made his professional career "aping another mans solos" as I've heard.I defy anyone to listen to his solos from this show and say they were cribbed. He plays in the style of jerry but boy... He is Jerry the way you wish Jerry could havE been some nights. He was great on sunday:)

Phil was huge and melodic. Great in the mix for me and the DL on archive (re)confirms that he is still the music genius that he is. He truly is the musical lynchpin on which this music hinges!

Bobby was his pretty good too! Strong on tunes where he has lots of vocal bAckup (truckin') but pretty brutAl on tunes requiring range ( mission) I should say coming out of the show, mission was a big highlight for m but less enjoyable hearing it recorded. I've heard bob described as "shatnerizing" some of his vOcal selections, that may be harsh but his voice DOEs sound shot on the recording. His guitar Playing is still quite impressive and provided for nice interplay all night.

I've seen 50+ original GD shows. I've seen one other post Dead project (The Dead with Joan Osborne) and I can say that this was a speciAl night. Other quibbles aside ( when are we gonnA hear the first "let john sing!" Chants?) I will echo KK's sentiments. Go see furthur!

Well said killa! You said lots that I won't repeat.

I really enjoyed the Buffalo show and the sound was very good for an arena show imo.

I don't think I've ever heard Mission in the Rain live before and not very often on a recording but it was definitely a set one hightlight for me.

Set two was fantastic! A sweet selection of songs and I loved the interesting song transitions.

I hope to get to see this band again at some point. I'm not sure how much further Phil and Bobby will keep truckin' with Furthur but fingers crossed they stay healthy and keep on enjoying the ride.

Peace, Mark

Edited by Guest

holy crap! i wish i had stayed on the bus a bit longer to what i hear was a pretty empty Albany show! the show had been moved and floors were apparently VERY cheap outside the show

Furthur

Times-Union Center

Albany, NY

November 15, 2011

Set One

Here Comes Sunshine >

Row Jimmy

Big Bad Blues

Magnolia Mountain

New Minglewood Blues

Dire Wolf

Loose Lucy