Jambands.ca

Napster shuts down in Canada

bouche

http://napsterca.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1173/session/L3RpbWUvMTMyMTYyMjc3Ny9zaWQvMkprX3RxSms%3D

I had just got a Sonos and one of the driving forces was the ability to stream the napster catalog to the speaker system.

I just found out that Napster was bought by Rhapsody and they don't have the rights to deliver to Canada. So Napster is over for now.

I'm thinking of returning the speaker for something that's just a great speaker to plug the Airport express into. Not sure what now.

I've been a Napster customer for 2.5 years and this really sucks. It was great to have such a massive library of music at my fingertips. It was worth it just to have instant access to new releases.

Anyone know of a legal way to pay for streaming music in Canada? Preferably one that's also compatible with the SONOS music system.

Yes indeed you will find some artists that they definitely do not have, but this is the future of the music industry. I dont think Napster had George either?? For what it does have its worth the 10 dollars a month to have 15 million and counting at your fingertips. Its great to pass around your smartphone or ipad and let guest picks tunes at parties!! Good Fun, Enjoy!!

P.S you can still use your SONOS 5 as a portable speaker same as a sound dock. Only the 5 has this feature and you simply have to configure the settings, If you would like to take it to places where you cannot link in to a router.

you can't plug an iThing into a sonos directly. Though that doesn't matter with the sonos, remote app and airplay.

napster was missing lots too including george. george was my test to see if they had a different library available. I could use a bigger sample ;)

I'm leaning towards keeping it. Rdio is a start...which Napster actually was. More services will come out and sonos is ready for them.

Just a question, what did napster do? Was it kind of cloud based buy a song and stream it from our server for ever sort of thing?

I've been using Roku for a while which just streams my own collection to my stereo and connects to the internet for internet radio.