Jambands.ca

Lee Fields & The Expressions - Oct 5th w/ Soul Motivators

Jay Funk Dawg

LeeUpdated.jpg

After 40 years in the music business, American Soul singer Lee Fields sings “I still got it.â€

Do Right & NuFunk.ca - Your One Stop Funk Source present

LEE FIELDS & THE EXPRESSIONS LIVE!

Lee Fields & The Expressions

w/ Soul Motivators

www.soulmotivators.com

and DJ Jason Palma

Friday, October 5th, 2012, 9 PM 19+

The Opera House - 735 Queen St. W

The Opera House

Advance Tickets $22.50

Available at Play De Record, Rotate This, Soundscapes & Ticketweb.ca

Get Tickets Online: Online Tickets

Facebook Page: Facebook Page

Read the in depth Lee Fields interview on CBC Music: Q&A: Lee Fields talks James Brown, ladies, the essence of soul CBC Music

Free download of New Reggae Remix of "You're The Kind Of Girl" from Paris DJs at Home - Truth and Soul Records

Lee_Fields_web1.jpg

There aren’t many artists who keep their cool well into their fifth decade in the business, but R&B veteran Lee Fields is one. After over 40 years of of touring the world with his signature raucous yet tender voice, the music he’s making today is the best of his career.

Fields’ new album with his band The Expressions, Faithful Man, released on Brooklyn’s Truth & Soul Records, a label which reinvents the Motown-style soul factory for a brand new era. The album interprets and pushes the formulas of great soul - thanks to Truth & Soul producers Jeff Silverman and Leon Michels and the high level of musicianship of everyone involved. These are the same individuals that co-wrote, produced, and played on Aloe Blacc’s global smash I Need A Dollar, and have provided the backdrop for records by El Michels Affair, Adele, Liam Bailey, Ghostface Killah and Jay-Z, to name a few. Faithful Man is Fields’ follow-up to the well-received 2009 album My World (Do Right/Truth & Soul).

Born and raised in the small town of Wilson, North Carolina, Fields spent his teenage years singing in church and listening to the classic sound of ’60s Memphis. By the late sixties, Lee was touring with foundational funk bands such as Kool and the Gang, Sammy Gordon and the Hip-Huggers, and Little Royal. In fact, Fields was nicknamed Little JB for his similarity to James Brown. From those beginnings, he’s created a sound that’s all his own.

With a catalog that ranges from funk to lo-fi blues, to contemporary Southern soul and collaborations with French house DJ/producer Martin Solveig, Lee Fields has done it all. With A Faithful Man, he takes it right back to the old school, with a modern take on a vintage sound, telling tales of love, heartbreak and blues in the time-honored way. And i f there were any doubt at all, take heed of Lee’s own words: “Take it from me,†he says on one track, “I still got it.â€

the-soul-motivators-9_zps31d4bde5.jpg

Soul Motivators

www.soulmotivators.com

Finding the right groove means digging deep. With a love of vintage soul and funk, The Soul Motivators have mined their musicality to bring you a fresh revival of a retro sound.

Featuring numerous veterans of Toronto’s thriving underground funk scene, this 9-piece rare groove explosion has a rough, tough, soulful flair that motivates you straight to the dance floor.

Known for one of the most energetic shows in town, the band has been heard in many different places. The list so far includes the 2011 Toronto NuJazz Festival, CBC Radio 1 and CIUT FM to name a few. Now the band’s impressive summer schedule includes appearances at NXNE, TD Toronto Jazz Fest, and Toronto Beaches International Jazz Fest.

jason.jpg

Jason Palma

Play De Record - Play De Academy, Music store, Production tools

nufunk_icon.gif

Edited by Guest