Jambands.ca

12/12/92 ... it was 20 years ago today!

Kanada Kev

Some of my friends that I had gone to a lot of Dead/Jerry shows with were trying to get me into Phish during the Summer 1991. Slowly listened to some shows on tape more and more (Giant Country Horn shows really made me listen more).Took a while for me to make the effort to go to a show. Passed on the crazy Roller Rink show http://phish.net/setlists/?d=1991-09-28 in Buffalo and regret it. But it wasn't long after they were announced to play a small club in Toronto.

I remember the show being engaging and mesmerizing from the get go. And the trampolines ... whoa! I recall hanging back at the bar with a couple of really nice dudes from Rochester.

Saturday, 12/12/1992

The Spectrum, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Soundcheck: Funk Jam, Uncle Pen

Set 1: Llama, Foam, Sparkle, Cavern > Reba, The Landlady, Split Open and Melt, Poor Heart > All Things Reconsidered, Bouncing Around the Room[1] > Run Like an Antelope[2]

Set 2: Maze, Glide, The Curtain > Tweezer > Rift, Guelah Papyrus, You Enjoy Myself[3], Hold Your Head Up > If I Only Had a Brain > Hold Your Head Up, The Squirming Coil > Golgi Apparatus

Encore: Ride Captain Ride > Tweezer Reprise

[1] All Things Reconsidered teases from Trey.

[2] All Things Reconsidered tease from Trey; Simpsons, Random Note, and All Fall Down signals.

[3] Several Davy Crockett teases in song and vocal jam.

Performers: Trey Anastasio, Page McConnell, Jon Fishman, Mike Gordon

Notes: This show marked the band’s first headlining performance in Canada. All Things Reconsidered was teased by Trey in Bouncing and Antelope. Antelope also contained Simpsons, Random Note, and All Fall Down signals. YEM contained several Davy Crockett teases in the song and was also sung in the vocal jam. Ride Captain Ride was played for the first time since April 14, 1990 (337 shows).

This show was part of the "1992 Fall Tour."