Jambands.ca

Black Sabbath in Toronto

Velvet

Black Sabbath Adds First North American Show of Summer Tour

In support of their forthcoming LP 13 (produced by Rick Rubin), their first with Ozzy Osborne in 35 years, Black Sabbath is getting set for a world tour kicking off in New Zealand on April 20th. Late last week, Sabbath added their first North American date to the tour, announcing a show at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto on August 14th, stirring up a hotbed of speculation as to additional dates in Canada and the US to satiate a hungry fanbase’s appetite for more. Additionally, the legendary metal band finally set an official date for the new LP (June 11th).

With the first shows only a month out now, the major still-remaining question is who will end up playing drums on the tour? The smart money is on Rage Against the Machine’s Brad Wilk, but it’s still anybody’s guess. Sabbath last appeared in the US on August 3rd at Lollapalooza and it’s still in question as to how many stateside shows, if any, hardcore fans can expect to see around the Toronto appearance. For now, it’s just a good step in the right direction.

BLACK SABBATH TOUR DATES

:

4/20: Auckland, New Zealand – Vector Arena

4/22: Auckland, New Zealand – Vector Arena

4/25: Brisbane, Australia – Entertainment Centre

4/27: Sydney, Australia – All Phones Arena

4/29: Melbourne, Australia – Rod Laver Arena

5/1: Melbourne, Australia – Rod Laver Arena

5/4: Perth, Australia – Perth Arena

5/12: Tokyo, Japan – Ozzfest – Makuhari Messe

8/14: Toronto, Canada – Air Canada Center

Did anyone here go to that show at the Skydome in '99? That was the real reunion show with the great Bill Ward on drums. I had perhaps the worst front-row seat ever for that show.

I caught that tour's stop in Montreal. All I remember thinking at the time is that Ozzy is not long for this world. Ha!

A Heavy MTL date would be excellent!!

Which reminds me... Mr. Slippery, where are you?!!