Jambands.ca

Nero @ lancaster TAvern.....

Daniel

So that's the setlist eh? I could have sworn I heard Pink Floyd's "Run Like Hell" in there somewhere. I guess it was just park of a jam and that doesn't make the setlist? Is that the way it works? Maybe I hallucinated it though. Hmmmm... I swear I even recall everyone chanting "run, run, run, run, run." Maybe one too many [let the record show that the witness made the "drinky-drinky" motion] for me that night.

PS: Hey Sunshine, let me share a little advice with you. It's a really bad idea, to go all day and night without eating and then drink 16 cans of Guinness and 7 Heinekins. [Wink]

What a fantastic night Friday turned out to be ... I've been really busy since the show and finally found some time now to read what people are saying and to post some thoughts.

First of all, thank you to everybody for your thanks. It takes a whole bunch of people working together to pull off a show of this nature, and fortunately, I had lots of capable people helping me out with this one, with sound, promotion, setup, preparty and afterparty hospitality, etc. … you all know who you are, and I’ll say it once again … “thank you so much for your help and support.”

Secondly, I was so excited to see the huge number of people that came out ready to dance and party and have a great time. The energy upstairs at the Lanc on Friday night was electrifying ... there was so much positive energy bouncing around that room that it was magical at times. I remember at one point near the end of the show, when I was dancing at the front of the stage near the soundboard, looking back at the smiling faces and dancing bodies and thinking wow, this is like a dream come true. Thank you to everybody who came out for this show. Borrowing from the thanks written on the inside of nero’s cd (SOON) … “Of course, our greatest appreciation is for those who bring their energy to the shows and help make them what they are. Without these people, touring would not only be impossible but pointless.” Exactly!

Musically, I thought the night was stellar. Six Foot Groove laid down some phat funky sounds that got people dancing and grooving … I wish I had a better opportunity to check them out and dance to the funk, but things were busy at the door. DJ Billy B and his spinnin’ partner (sorry I forget her name) played some really cool beats … I had a bunch of people comment to me that they really enjoyed the DJ set, including a few people that “don’t like DJ’s” … I guess they’ve changed their minds now. And nero, what can I say. Once again, they blazed. I was especially impressed with how they seemed to go with the funky groovy flow of things during their first set, continuing on from where the previous band and DJ had left off. And I’m really diggin’ two of their newer songs, Crabwalk and Breakline. Once again, I only wish that I had more time to totally enjoy the music and people at the show without having to worry about things like people sneaking in, and stolen coats (which was a big drag). Yes that woman was very upset, and it was hard to deal with, but fortunately, I ended up knowing a very good friend of the guy whose coat went missing, which made things easier in the end. That’s the first time that anything like that has happened up at the Lanc, at least as far as I know, and hopefully it’s the last time.

I hope to see some of you back upstairs at the Lanc this Friday Dec. 5, for the Diesel Dog & Harvard Mouse show. It should be a lot of fun!!! I’ll be on stage for a while this Friday, trying my best to lay down some groovy rhythms on bass and percussion with the rest of the mice. It will be fun, it will be loose, I’m a bundle of nervous excited energy just thinking about it.

Peace, Mark

A lovely evening w/ lovely company as per usual... thanks Mark, nero lads, etc.

Esau - great to party with you as always... was your friend in the T-dot home? I hope you wore your knit pants there after all.

I am super proud of the Sloth for keeping it together til the AM w. a million birthday drinks in him!

Thanks as well to the excellent hosts of the afterparty and to Stuee for driving.

Good times! And if anyone finds a set of keys kicking around, I left them at the house where the party was. There's a bottle opener and swiss army knife on the keychain.

[big Grin]

I copied the setlist from delhead - my bad.

While the whole missing coat thing was going on I was hopinghopinghoping that the coat would be found just so I could see that unreasonable bitch walk away with her tail between her legs. It's very telling that she didn't inform any of us that it was found.

Archived