Jambands.ca

Prince in Toronto tonight?

AD

Just heard it wasn't happening, poor hipsters...

easy! Prince is a hipster free artist.  

I wonder what the hell happened here. This seemed very likely to be happening.  

what's with the CBC cameramen then?

CBC News has been unable to confirm that the concert will indeed be taking place, but a CBC cameraman currently on scene at Massey Hall says a drum kit with Prince's infamous symbol emblazoned on it is being set up on stage. The cameraman and CBC reporter were then asked to leave the venue. 

Guest Low Roller

Something stinks. If there was no concert planned, why did the venue allow fans to line-up outside all day, and even set up barriers to control the line-up? My guess is that someone leaked the "secret gig" info, and Prince called off the show as a result.

Something stinks. If there was no concert planned, why did the venue allow fans to line-up outside all day, and even set up barriers to control the line-up? My guess is that someone leaked the "secret gig" info, and Prince called off the show as a result.

I agree with that guess.  However, secret gigs do get dropped the day of giving fans plenty of time to waste their day in lines.  Also, that ticketmaster link for the show with the date and venue definitely existed.  It only said "this show is sold out".  So did the band rehearse there afterall?  I haven't seen anything on that. 

• 3 weeks later...