Jambands.ca

Bring the heat

c-towns

sriracha [sp?] is versatile, I find- great on asian foods as well as anything tomato-based (ie. spaghetti and the like)

tabasco-styled ones for things like eggs and anything with a more delicate flavour

balls-out heat for most mexican dishes like tacos, enchilladas and stuff.

booche gave me a bottle of satan's blood a while back now- xrist one drop of it into an entire stew and the heat is noticable. it's sitting in the fridge right now and other condiments and hot sauces tend to edge away from it out of fear

1155SB-2T.jpg

I've got some sharwoods hot curry powder to add to curry dishes (tend to just buy the pre-made sauces- almost always sharwoods if I can find it)

also like adding chopped jalapenos, cayenne etc; to all sorts of dishes

had some suicide wings a couple of weeks back that had ghost peppers in the sauce. my nose, mouth and upper chin were numb after I finished them but it was kind of an exhilarating burn. won't be ordering those again on my own for quite some time though.

I like to make my own for the last year or so. The last one I made was tomato (not ketchup!) & red wine based, ghost/cayenne/sweet pepper mix.  Turned out smooth and thick, but was a bit over the top for heat to be honest.

All I have currently is Mad Dog Inferno sauce (over-the-top heat too, rated 90k S.U), sriracha, franks reg. & frank's extra hot. Typically, I'll just use my own or franks/sriracha. The mad dog was a gift, and is more of a gimmicky kinda thing for me. Although I did use it to ramp up a homemade sauce that didn't meet my expectations, two or three drops was all I needed in a large mason jar of sauce.

I also like to make my own.  We currently have some homemade Sriracha, a carrot-based sweet pepper/habanero sauce and fermented salsa verde with jalapeno, poblano and habanero peppers, and tomatillos.  I usually pickle at least several liters of jalapenos and banana peppers for the winter and this year I fermented some of the jalapenos as an experiment.  They turned out really well; very hot with a really nice flavour.

This wins...literally and figuratively.  Won a medal at the Scovies in 2008 and it's hands down my favourite hot sauce, also happens to be made by my cousin in Tennessee. 

Sadly, it is now defunct as he and his partner moved to different cities. My cuz was kind enough to replenish my supply this past summer, but the sad part is, I can't really share with anyone. I love you all, but not enough to share the 'creek with.

Maybe sometime, somewhere we'll get together and eat some wings. 

Maybe. 

wfr-hot-sauce.png