Jambands.ca

How about a bus to the Shaker fest in 2004?

Esau

i'd take the magic bus first.

it would be cheaper, and more fun.

we took it to florida, and although it was uncomfortable, it would only be about half as long.

not to mention ya'll could read the equation of 'Tuners NYE fun'.

greyhound would be sketchy. i've taken both. i'd take the magic bus first, without a doubt.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the magic bus folks feel no need to reply.Also,the magic bus would take longer,14 hours for the greyhound,more if it wasn't a charter.$110(return) for the greyhound,includes ticket in to the fest.Fromn the folk I spoke to the magic bus would be at least $160 return...before ticket.

It took us 17 hours to drive last year...

It'll be greyhound...

Well then "we'll" find there won't be a bus.Plain & simple,its not because of the time,its because the magic bus folks aren't replying...

I'm only relaying info bro..not arguing.

I'll probally be there way before this bus leaves anyway.

Ok Steve...I'm wrong. [Roll Eyes]

I got a reply from them...not Farley...so I can only give the prices I was given...

I was given only a price quote,since I am not the organizer of this even,but a messenger.

$160 return from Toronto to Moncton...and then add the distance from Moncton to the shaker.

They haven't replied to Farley last I was told.He feels goin with Greyhound is a better idea.Not my decision.

relax greg.

still tons of time to go.

doesn't matter what bus is chosen. i thought you had said they hadn't replied.

either way, make the decision on a bus, so you can start collecting a deposit.

people will say they are going, then change their mind at the last minute.

get at least half up front.

also, like i said, the magic bus requires less, so if you can't get as many as you need for the greyhound, why scrap the whole idea?

at least you know you have a back up, if you can only get 25-30 people.

if you can get a committment of enough people to take the greyhound, then obviously you have your bus.

as you said, you'll be going down early. many people may be chosing this route. at least we know if we can't fill a greyhound, were not shit out of luck.

i'd at least tell them, if we can't get enough to fill the greyhound, that we'd be interested in them.

they dont have tons of business, so i'm sure they wouldn't mind knowing its still a possibility.

but first, lets try to get a definate list, with some money up front, so no one can back out.

as you know, never trust a hippies word. but a hippy will never throw their money around...

If you read Farley's comments I quoted all is answered there.

quote:

Originally posted by Farley:

First of all, hope you're having a kickass Christmas and that the New Year finds you all safe & in good spirits!

Secondly,
the bus plan is still in the works. Directly after the New Year, I will be calling Greyhound to find out when the cutoff date is: this means, how long can we wait before we get a sure booking on a bus.
This will allow us enough time to round up enough people to fill the bus. I have noted that many of you want the bus to stop in Ottawa as well, and so I will be asking Greyhound how much it will cost to add that stop to the price......certainly there will be additional charges, but judging by what I've seen so far in their pricing, it is still going to be a great deal.

We need 54 kids to fill the bus. Brother Esau, Aromatherapy, and Squirrelicious, I appreciate your offers of help in this endeavour, and what we need right now is for you all to start telling two friends, and so on and so on and so on. I will need to receive advance payments from all those who want to be on the charter bus, in advance of the cutoff date I get from Greyhound, so the further we spread the word on this the better. If the bus idea doesn't work, I will have arrangements made for refunding those fees to those who paid in advance....but as a good friend of mine once said: "I ain't seen nuthin yet we can't do."

If we get enough kids, maybe we'll get a deal on two buses, or three....I'm sure you get the idea. I will be updating this thread as the information comes in.

Keep smilin'.

quote:

Originally posted by secondtube:

i'd take the magic bus first.

it would be cheaper, and more fun.

we took it to florida, and although it was uncomfortable, it would only be about half as long.

Now,a couple questions here.

What year was that?

Are gas prices the same?

How far is FLA from here?

Also cost us way more than $110 to drive,with a brand new car.

my buddies uncle is quite influential somehow in greyhound, i know my friend got a very very cheap bus for some other friends to the warped tour a few years ago if i remember correctly, so i can talk to him if anyones interested. my friend himself is now certified to drive the busses, so that could help even more having a heady bus driver.

yo man i am toataly reading,, maybe i missed the date the first time, but all i was say if it wasn't around the same time as may 24 then i would go, so far all you said is that it was 28 - 30. we still don't know when or if there is going to be a may 24

maybe should you try and be alittle more understanding, we're not all as quick as you

ok, i'll be more understanding.

when i click the time clock in the right, bottom corner of my screen, and turn the calende to 2004, and change the month to may, it tells me may 24 will fall on the weekend before 28,29.

the 24th itself is on the Monday.

sorry if i sounded a little mean...

LMP i now have milk stains on my monitor!

Archived