Jambands.ca

How about a bus to the Shaker fest in 2004?

Esau

Passing this along for Farley.

quote:

Originally posted by Farley:

Hey all you Ontario kids:

We at the Farm are considering chartering a bus to get y'all out here for the 2004 Spring Shaker, if the interest level is high enough.

From Greyhound, the cost would be around $110 per person for a return trip, with the bus leaving TO at around 2AM Friday morning to getcha here by the time the gate opens. I was thinkin about doing an all-inclusive deal which would mean a one-time purchase of your advance ticket, which would cover your bus fare and bracelet, with a price reduction on the bracelet for getting it early. The bus would arrive here at the Farm by 4pm, and would depart on Sunday at around noon.

Or, if any of you kind folks know people who own bus companies, fire me an email and we'll get crackin' on this.

diverse@nbnet.nb.ca

So there is 54 people required for the bus,seems like a good idea to me,although I may be heading down a bit earlier then when the bus heads out,but if not I am all over this bus...literally. [big Grin]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaker Festival is May 28th-30th.(not in june as someone mentioned.)

No updates as of yet,but here's the link to the site.

http://www.woodbournefarm.homestead.com/home.html

Also if anyone knows of any smaller bus companies then Greyhound(howegrown-type operations) let me know so I can forward the info to Farley,so this can be done with as little cost as possible.

Cheers~

Farley just checked regular bus fares on this.

$136.96 one way

$273.92 return,

a regular bus trip would take 24.5 hours compared to 14 for a charter,so the charter is quite a good deal at $110.00 return.

Passing along the info for ya's. [big Grin]

I know just the thing you guys are looking for. It's called Further Still (you know, Ken Keseys bus that said destination... Furthur) and it is this Dude who has a big school bus that is all painted up and he runs bus tours. It is a party with all kinds of cool people. I hooked up with him when he first started out and got to help paint the bus but ran into him at big cypress at Phish New Years 2000 in which he ran a bus down for obviously. Check out the web site www.magicbuscompany.com. The best bus line EVER!

I was aboard that bus that went down to Florida, along with NewRider, 2ndTube, and probably some others on the board.. They've removed the back 2 rows or so of seats for luggage and whatnot, and the windows are tinted. And you can do whatever the hell you want on the bus. The ride to FLorida was looooong but you get used to it pretty fast, the comfort level (or lack of) wasn't that much of an issue. The guy who you'd want to talk to is named Gavin. [smile]

Cool,yeah things are in motion,an email was sent to em this morning.No actual word if this is what is goin to be yet,but it sure seems like a more appropiate mode of transportation.especially for the crew that would be hitchin' a ride on this.

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Farley:

First of all, hope you're having a kickass Christmas and that the New Year finds you all safe & in good spirits!

Secondly, the bus plan is still in the works. Directly after the New Year, I will be calling Greyhound to find out when the cutoff date is: this means, how long can we wait before we get a sure booking on a bus. This will allow us enough time to round up enough people to fill the bus. I have noted that many of you want the bus to stop in Ottawa as well, and so I will be asking Greyhound how much it will cost to add that stop to the price......certainly there will be additional charges, but judging by what I've seen so far in their pricing, it is still going to be a great deal.

We need 54 kids to fill the bus. Brother Esau, Aromatherapy, and Squirrelicious, I appreciate your offers of help in this endeavour, and what we need right now is for you all to start telling two friends, and so on and so on and so on. I will need to receive advance payments from all those who want to be on the charter bus, in advance of the cutoff date I get from Greyhound, so the further we spread the word on this the better. If the bus idea doesn't work, I will have arrangements made for refunding those fees to those who paid in advance....but as a good friend of mine once said: "I ain't seen nuthin yet we can't do."

If we get enough kids, maybe we'll get a deal on two buses, or three....I'm sure you get the idea. I will be updating this thread as the information comes in.

Keep smilin'.

Two stages this year also.

Confirmed bands:

Rasinhill

nero

GTB

Hiway Freeker

JSB

The Slip (two nights,may 28th & 29th)

more to come....

There ya go folks.More updates as they come in.

Cheers~

This is definitely something you dudes and dudettes should check out!! The Shaker is hands down the best party in the East Coast. beautiful surroundings, great music, all night parties, always people up to party with you even if your friends are lame and decide to sleep!!

Team Ontario represented last year at the shaker! I hope to run into a big contingent this year!!

check out Woodbourne Farm for more info. The site hasn't yet been updated since the Fall Equinox (the fall version of the Spring Shaker), but it will give you the mission statement for the venue and a basic idea of what the event is all about!

Bands booked so far include:

Rasinhill

nero

GTB

Hiway Freeker

JSB

The Slip (two nights)

c'mon down or hop on the Ontariario Express!!

quote:

Originally posted by jared:

when is this going on?

quote:

Originally posted by Esau:

Shaker Festival is
May 28th-30th
.(not in june as someone mentioned.)

No updates as of yet,but here's the link to the site.

Also if anyone knows of any smaller bus companies then Greyhound(howegrown-type operations) let me know so I can forward the info to Farley,so this can be done with as little cost as possible.

Cheers~

Take a minute and read the thread.

Archived