Jambands.ca

how does one change ones avatar?

mikey d

Just go to the profile button and click it,then go to veiw/update profile then to scroll down to the avatar otion,you can pick one of the many that jambands.ca offers or you can add your own(providing you have made enough posts)if you choose your own,you need to have it a certian size(that I don't know) there is a spot at the bottom of the avatar page for you to put a url to the pic/avatar you wish to use...

Hope that helps.

Yeah your pic must be on another site or hosted somewhere.

If you have a pic you just right click on it,go to properties and click that and a window will appear,you'll see an URL address,copy the whole address and then paste it in the URL option on the avatars page.

I've been waiting for someone to become VELVET!

PHish Stick avatars are not supposed to be any bigger than 100 x 100 pixels.

If you right-click on your avatar and select Properties, you'll see that your current avatar is 200 pixels by 215 pixels. That's too big. You need to get a smaller one, or shrink that one down. Otherwise, your avatar will turn into this:

-

Well, you need some form of graphics software.

adobe photoshop, paint shop pro, etc...

Without that, you can see if anyone can do it for you that has software. Alot of images become hard to make out when you shrink them though, so you can only work with certain images.

If you can't do any of this, all you have to do is find an image that is designed to use as an avatar. There are TONS of places on the internet given some decent searching on google.

Basically, images that extend too far right, or down throw off the page for everyone else and make everything harder to read.

Images that are too big in file size are a pain for people with slower connections, and especially if everyone in a topic has a big file size.

I started experimenting with .NET and figured out a way to resize JPG's online. WHOA DUDE!

So, this is an early test. Depending on how much time I have, I could make this a real tool with proper file checking (so you don't overwrite other people's avatars).

Anyway, try this out.

http://www.jambands.ca/imagesizer.aspx

Use the interface and find a .jpg image on your hard drive. When it's resized using the shoddy interface, copy the url and use that in your avatar selection field in your profile.

Archived