Jambands.ca

Animals are being murdered

cheesehead

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by cheesehead:

I'm sorry, i didn't know that being opposed to killing bears was a bandwagon. Forgive me for loving animals. I'll start to support more of an unfashionable cause.

Hmm. Hyperbolic *and* sarcastic.

quote:

And I've heard both sides of the story. I've read the literature, and researched this hunt thoroughly.

And I still oppose it.

Fine, but I haven't researched it, and I'm not about to hand over my right to think for my myself. I don't know you, and I have no reason to think that your capacity for reason is any better than mine.

You haven't presented both sides of the argument in an impartial fashion. You've presented your opinion only, and emotionally at that.

quote:

You're free to post on this thread of course, but you might want to consider saving the sarcasm for a more appropriate time.

Sarcasm? Hardly. Metaphor, more like. You've used an emotional and partisan argument in an attempt to sway us to your cause. I've been around for too many years, worked in marketing for too long, played with too many statistics, talked to too many statisticians, and dealt with too many lawyers to mistake garden-variety lights and brass for substance.

Yes, I question things. I'm not inclined to apologize for that, nor should anyone else.

quote:

There is absolutely nothing funny about this.

You've run out of "top" to go over. Get rid of the hair shirt, drop the ad hominem attacks, provide us with substantial and balanced information, and then you'd be surprised by how much better folks will listen to you.

For starters, stick to the issues. What's the real issue here--people killing bears, or how the people here feel about you? If the plight of these bears matters enough to you, then get serious about it: Stop talking about yourself and start talking about *them*. Why does our opinion matter so much to you that you'd mention it here, especially if you have something so much more important to discuss?

I'm pretty sure none of that sounded like laughter.

quote:

Originally posted by ahess6488:

I've always wondered whether head cheese was brain, cartilage, or a mix of everything.

Speaking of interesting parts, I've tried and enjoyed sweetbreads. Tongue is good too. Anyone else have a favorite "Miscellaneous" animal part?

I grew up in an Italian neighbourhood, so I have a high tolerance for brain pan scrapings as food.

Tongue is one of my favourite foods. Too bad it's so expensive. It's one of the easiest things to cook, too--just season a pot of water, toss in a few stew veggies, and boil the meat until done. Drain, peel, slice, and serve hot. It's quite rich, so don't overindulge.

Archived