Jambands.ca

Happy Birthday Jesus!!!

Sunshine

Holy crap,

Its a WET Xmas here at Myrna's! We didnt set any records this year, but it was a 5-am'er here last night. A friend showed up, and we found out he is going to be on some new 'reality' show in April. Something about Donald Trump? Anyways, take note of this quote from him last night.

"You know, reality shows arent really reality shows."

Hux, call us tomorrow and stop by if you can. Instruments galore, with Mike and DaveO tomorrow as well. You know we always have good jams when the four of us are here and Sharon is singing.....

None the less, Happy Bday Mr Carpenter.

quote:

Originally posted by Velvet:

Not only was Jesus a summer baby, but they say he was born about 4 CE (formerly know as 4 AD). Like most christian holidays, xmas started as a pagan festival.

My friend calls xmas the christian retail festival. That seems to fit.

So, what did y'all get?

Uh, I think you might have it backwards: one of the few things the gospels agree on was that Jesus was born during the reign of King Herod, which we know ended in 4 BC (or BCE: Before Common Era). (Which is why I wasn't worried about Bad Stuff From Above on Dec. 31, 1999: if anything significant was to happen 2000 years after JC's birth, it would have come down in '96 or so...)

I got some CDs (David Lindley & Wally Ingram / Twango Bango III, Thelonious Monk / Criss-Cross & It's Monk's Time), some hot sauce, some beer, a sharpening steel, some books (incl. the new Stephen King one, the fifth Dark Tower volume), and a new pepper grinder.

Aloha,

Brad

Archived