Jambands.ca

Roll Call: UNCLE SETH C'est What, Sunday 8 pm

Mr. Musicface

Happy New Year! I hope that the holiday season was good to you and yours. I'm pleased as punch to announce a VERY special show to ring in 2004.

This SUNDAY night, Uncle Seth will play a FREE show at C'est What in Toronto. (67 Front. St. E, entrance on Church St.) We'll be playing two full-band sets, with our good friend Matt Osborne playing acoustic sets in between.

Now, because we know Monday is the day many of you have to head back to work or school, this will be an EARLY SHOW: doors at 7:30 pm, music starting at 8 pm. And did we mention that it's FREE?!? [Wink]

Here's the really cool part - the show will be taped, and many if not all of the songs recorded that night will be included on the upcoming Uncle Seth CD, due out later this year. So not only do you get to enjoy a night of free live music, but you also get to be a part of Uncle Seth recording history! And we'll have some special guests and surprises to boot, so a fun time is definitely guaranteed.

So there you have it - we'd really love to see some heady pholk out to help make the vibe for the recording really kick-ass!

So who's in?

Peace,

Mr. M.

P.S. Audience taping will NOT be permitted at this show. Please see http://www.musicface.com/uncleseth/tapingpolicy.html for details on taping.

Steady now.....i've barely figured out how to type since New Years......

Monday night I'm up for a free Seth show, mmmmmmm, C'est what beer.....(f*%k, I'm not drinking for January)...oh well...mmmmm....nugs [big Grin]

My better half is working, so I've got the boy...when she gets home, I'll venture down.

Cheers,

Jon

Jon! Only one catch there bro, it's Sunday i.e. tomorrow.

(Maybe you do need to lay off the beer, tell ya what, show up tomorrow and I'll buy you a heady 7-Up.) [Wink]

Alrighty, anyone gonna be keeping the man company or are we gonna have more folks on stage than in the crowd? Wouldn't be the first time... [Razz]

- M.

quote:

Originally posted by bouche:

musicface, maybe your clock was screwed, but I was poking fun at ...

Yeh I know, I was saying that maybe I was drinking too much beer myself 'cus I was thinking today was tomorrow... or something like that. [Razz]

Before this thread starts to make any less sense, I'm going down to C'est. For any who can make it, seeya there! [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

Peace,

Mr. M.

P.S. Trevor if you're coming awesome, make sure to come for the first set (sometime just after Matt plays at 8.) I promise you'll love the first song. [Wink]

I can't believe I missed the *best* song ever, "Tangled up in Blue"! [Mad]

Thanks for the music sethies! "Fontier" was awesome, followed by a sick "Superstitious". It was a great way for me to ring in my new year.

The congas were great, what's the story with that guy?

Jay - Thanks man, I've finally found a beer I really like at C'est What! [big Grin]

Trevor! Thanks for coming out man. [big Grin]

I can't believe I missed the *best* song ever, "Tangled up in Blue"! [Mad]

I was actually thinking of you when we put that on the set-list 'cus I know we didn't play it last time you saw us. [Razz] Ah well, glad you enjoyed the rest of the set and I'm sure we'll play that one again soon.

'Twas a great time overall, can't wait to hear the multitrack recording. What we're hoping to do is take a bunch of those songs and add in a few studio tracks to make up the next Seth CD. Hopefully it'll sound as good as it felt last night.

The congas were great, what's the story with that guy?

Chris Patheiger - he's a old friend of mine and Jeff's from high school, he also plays from time to time with Matt Osborne (who did the acoustic sets between ours) and many other folks, and he's working on his own solo album at the moment. There's a mini bio on our page http://www.musicface.com/uncleseth/bios.html about 2/3 down the page.

Glad you liked the Denison's Wheat as well, it's always been my fave! [smile]

Peace,

Mr. M.

Actually there's an older take of that tune from Clinton's:

http://www.musicface.com/uncleseth/setlists/11152003.html

That version is a lot looser than we last night, I think it was like the second time we'd played it so we were still working on the arrangement of that point, but it gives you the idea. And actually the lyrics are at:

http://www.musicface.com/uncleseth/lyrics/frontier.html

if you want to read my not-so-subtle lyrical tribute to the Come Together fest, and the scene in general. [Wink]

- M.

Archived