Jambands.ca

NERDS

weisle

u guys are all nerds,

if u hadn't catched the tone and feeling off of phish's albumes is that there is a different tone and feeling each time........excuse me phish fans,(but some people got to listen up)...............they are different everytime....i thought round room is amazing...it's them growing...as which they do best.....GROW!!....they started all this.....jambands and alll.....and if u dontbeleive..........ur screwed!........they started everything which is happening right now.........GTB....BNB.....Nero....jimmy Swift band....Fat cats......Cavern.....I know ur saying to yur self...the Grateful.....the Grateful...... but ur wrong.....the grateful are history, they did influence the nows of today....but they all have a different view towards it all! and we have 2 embrace it all.....theres good music being created through our canadian bands and we should step forth and notice this HISTORY in the making.....it's happening right now..............CANADA ROCKS!!!!

Strange when Fatties started in '92 I never recall em playing any Phish...I recall a helluva lot of Grateful Dead though,infact mostly GD at the beginning,I recall it being a influence also.Before Fatties it was High Times and I never heard them play any Phish either,but loads of GD.

Funny thing is during the eighties when I toured for GD shows there was alot of good talk about Phish by the heads...too band it doesn't go both ways.

I must say,everyone is entitled to thier opinion or "take" on the subject and like my opinion,thats all it is.

quote:

Originally posted by SMILLS:

u guys are all nerds,

if u hadn't catched the tone and feeling off of phish's albumes is that there is a different tone and feeling each time........excuse me phish fans,(but some people got to listen up)...............they are different everytime....i thought round room is amazing...it's them growing...as which they do best.....GROW!!....they started all this.....jambands and alll.....and if u dontbeleive..........ur screwed!........they started everything which is happening right now.........GTB....BNB.....Nero....jimmy Swift band....Fat cats......Cavern.....I know ur saying to yur self...the Grateful.....the Grateful...... but ur wrong.....the grateful are history, they did influence the nows of today....but they all have a different view towards it all!

But I must thank you for backing up my usual out spoken rants & opinions about phish "phans".

repeated use of ellipsis has the effect of implying localised brain damage, as if it is nearly impossible for the afflicted to string two coherant thoughts together...as if......u r a dude.....who's dosed......one......too many......times........................bra.

p.s. I like phish a lot, but I was unimpressed with round room, compared to their other studio offerings, I didn't see it as growth as much as it appeared to be four guys who haven't played together for a while having a good time jamming and recording again. Yay for them, but not necessarily polished enough to, in good conscience, offer up commercially.

I'll tell you, when I slagged Round Room, I was very specific in stating that it was the production quality of the album that I found lacking and not necessarily the quality of the songs. Am I really the only one that thinks this album sounds like it was put together in 3 hours by a couple of 1st year students with their mini-disk player and a microphone?

songs can be recorded fantastically or hardly at all... my favorites usually fall in between

if I walked into a bar and saw phish play round room and didn't know them and the sound of the mix was half assed I be blown entirely away... entirely

sadly I find phish phans very sheep-like... gullable... its phish, I'm feeling very alive, its unbelievable... the band doesn't deserve that

I took round room as a ween-like attempt... minimalism... a great band playin a few songs raw... c'est la vie... for the sake of the songs I like a good few of them

beats anything U2 has done with mountains of production in the past 15 years

drunk! off to bed have a fantastic day!

No one has mentioned Billy Breathes in these discussions. It was the first Phish album I bought...before I knew about the following and the live show bidness. I hated it. A few years later I liked it.

I'm not the world's biggest phish fan, having only been to 3 shows, but like most of the jambands the strength is in the live experience. The dead, phish, Burt Neilson Band( groan...no more funkin' shoes please)....they need to be seen live to be fully appreciated. I find all this album talk kind of silly as I'm sure those of you debating the merits of each don't often play these albums.

I don't know, that's just me.

Archived