Jambands.ca

Friday Night in Ottawa!

Velvet

Glad I finally remembered to post this...

Ball & Chain is Micheal Ball and his girlfriend (who's name escapes me) on fiddle/guitar/mandolin and vocals, singing wayyyy authentic old-timey music. They have a backing band for this show, bass/drums/pedal steel.

I know Micheal from teaching at the Ottawa Folklore Centre. He's a great guy and a great player, and when I saw him and his girlfriend play at Blue Skies, I found out he's got that perfect old-timey voice. I think this is gonna be a really really good show, if you like that kinda thing.

I don't know the name of the venue, but it's just south of the Folklore Centre (Bank/Sunnyside) on the same side of the street. OFC is 1111 Bank, so I would guess this place would be 1169 Bank Street or so. It used to be a St. Hubert or something, and it's across from the 7-11.

Say, just a thought: Do you suppose if Osama's boys had taken down the WTC on July 11th instead of September 11th that 7-11 stores would have changed their name?

quote:

He's a great guy and a great player, and when I saw him and his girlfriend play at Blue Skies, I found out he's got that perfect old-timey voice.

Ahhhhh Blue Skies, my favourite summer event...you just made my day!!!

quote:

Say, just a thought: Do you suppose if Osama's boys had taken down the WTC on July 11th instead of September 11th that 7-11 stores would have changed their name?

hahahahaah, that is hilarious!!! I am laughing out loud....again, you made my day!!!!

Archived