Jambands.ca

Star Wars : DVD - september 21st

bouche

It's aboot time.

I'm still unsure why I don't own the Raiders trilogy yet.

The trilogy, featuring the classic franchise films "Star Wars," "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi," will be released on three DVD discs, with a fourth disc likely to hold a newly made documentary about the "Star Wars" franchise and never-before-seen footage, among several other bonus materials, said Jim Ward, Lucasfilm's VP of marketing and distribution and the DVD trilogy's executive producer.

Guest Low Roller

Hopefully George Lucas will spend the entire fourth disc explaining why the new trilogy sucked and begging for our forgiveness for soiling the franchise will Jar Jar Binks.

Nonetheless, yes, it's about bloody time....

Guest Low Roller

Han Solo caps Greedo first in both versions. I believe you're refering to the added Jabba scene in the first movie.

Edit: I read the Slashdot thread you're mentioning, and I'm shocked that Slashdot users got some facts wrong about Star Wars... bunch of useless Trekkies... [big Grin]

Doesn't the media allow for the option to exclude scenes that weren't in the first?

Regardless, I didn't find the added scenes/effects to be a bad thing at all. Mind you, the original death star explosion sufficed. I didn't see the need for the added supernova-style ring.

The worst part about the reissued Star Wars is the end of Return of the Jedi. I can't believe the took out that incredible Ewok victory song, with the lame planet by planet celebration.. bah.

and they changed the song at MOs Eisley and Jabba's palace too.. bad bad bad.

I really like puppets more than computer generated characters in Star Wars. But maybe I'm old fashioned.

Thats great news...I must say that I would have liked both the "new" versions and the original (maybe even on the same DVD), but I'll take what I can get...Oh and for all of you who were wondering what the best trilogy of all time (well between Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and The Matrix), you should go here:

One trilogy rules them all...

Don't even bother if you don't have a sense of humour!

mike

Low roller, I think you are mistaken.

Greedo definately shoots first in the re-release of A new Hope.

I am positive of this, however Greedo does indeed miss.

In fact that that is a funny line in one of the Kevin Smith movies (not sure which one - Maybe Jay and Bob strikes back). "That's the worst idea I've heard since Greedo shooting first".

-

Taken from this site.

quote:

Originally posted by Phred:

In fact that that is a funny line in one of the Kevin Smith movies (not sure which one - Maybe Jay and Bob strikes back). "That's the worst idea I've heard since Greedo shooting first".

Yup, that's from Jay & Silent Bob alright - uttered if I'm not mistaken by Holden McNeil, played by Ben Affleck.

I'll be in my geek-hole if anyone needs me.

- M.

Guest Low Roller

Someone is jealous that they don't have their own copy of Star Wars.... -

But seriously I haven't watched the movies in about two years now, and there's nothing wrong with watching it again.

At least I'm not this guy:

-

Or worse, this guy:

-

Archived