Jambands.ca

Where to play??

bald guy in a blanket

WHERE DO YOU SEE LIVE MUSIC???

Hey all.

For those of you who don't know me...my name's Jeff and I play in a band called Uncle Seth.

In discussion recently we've decided to put effort into playing in as many different places as we can handle.

This is probably a common goal for many bands that we all know. I figure the first step is to build a database of venues and contacts.

I decided, subsequently, to use this internetty thing to try and help.

(I hear it's good for communicating)

So the call goes out...

If you know of a bar or venue that is open to live music (original or partially original) any where in the triangle between Windsor, Ottawa and North Bay please, give a post.

Posts would be more helpful with a phone number. You become my personal hero if you include a contact name with that number.

I figure we can create a list and/or touring plan for the Southern Ontario region that could be shared among many young bands.

Let's see what's out there.

Hey Jeff, remember the time I called you to chat and was like, "dude, I've got this band in Ottawa and we want to do a switcheroo gig wit'yall" and you were like, "ya cool" and then we never talked about it again? If you want a gig in Ottawa I can get you a gig in Ottawa. Sheesh

And the harmonica player.....is he "special"? Do that Elephant Playing the Harmonica move more, Jay....that's my favourite

Apologies for my previous outburst, that was the drugs wearing off. I've re-popped and things are getting back to normal... Jeff knows I love him dearly.

Anywho, a resource I've used in the past is on overhear.com:

http://overhear.com/cgi-bin/dbsv.V2.cgi

I haven't looked lately so I'm not sure how up-to-date it is, but it's a start.

Peace,

Mr. M.

Yo Jenn-babe!

quote:

Hey Jeff, remember the time I called you to chat and was like, "dude, I've got this band in Ottawa and we want to do a switcheroo gig wit'yall" and you were like, "ya cool" and then we never talked about it again? If you want a gig in Ottawa I can get you a gig in Ottawa. Sheesh

In Jeff's (and I suppose your own) defence, you were gonna quit that band, remember?

So hey, let's set it up! I was talking to that putz Huxtable about coming to Ottawa, but he's been ducking my emails. Just goes to show, you can't trust those Liberals...

So anyway yeh, email me and we'll go from there. Perhaps we can do a second Uncle Seth March Madness tour.

quote:

And the harmonica player.....is he "special"? Do that Elephant Playing the Harmonica move more, Jay....that's my favourite

My mommy told me I was special every morning before they put me on that little bus...

And I'm working on a "Harmonica Playing Rhinoceros" move where I put my hand on my head like it's a horn... anyway don't worry, you'll like that one too! [Wink]

Loveya,

- M.

come on up and rock peterborough -

a few venues here... the trash sux, but upstairs (called the blue room) is alright - smaller, but since it's your 1st time here that may be the best spot. ratski here on the sanctuary is your man for booking there.

there's also the red dog and the underdog - nicer place, the underdog feels like you're in your friends parents basement in highschool. alright, and apparently it's no charge, you get all of the door. your contact at the 'dogs is John Greco, you can email him at jgreco17@cogeco.ca

as for lindsey (another college town in the kawarthas, a lot smaller than ptbo, but supposedly good turnouts) you got the electric tomato. your contact there is Norm McMullen at 705-340-5858

seeing as how these are both college towns, don't be a fool and book a show when students won't be here, or in the beginning of exam period (don't ask me when that is, march or april sometime?)

how's aboot them apples.... heroine status or what?!?!?

come to brantford, we need some new tunes, try two doors down on market st. and talk to mark the number is not in my phonebook, but i know you can get it through 411, by saying brantford, business, two doors down. there is also a bar called Brando's on the same street, and guess who you should talk to......brando!

Archived