Jambands.ca

Jerry Garcia Box Set Details

Esau

Here are the details of the Jerry Garcia box set. Release date unconfirmed. (Rumored to be april 2004)

The complete Jerry Garcia studio retrospective! 6-CD boxed set featuring all 5 original solo albums, plus 4 hours of previously unreleased studio material, and a dynamic 100-page book with new comprehensive liner notes, photos, lyrics, and foreword by Robert Hunter.

ALBUM FACTS:

1972's classic LP 'Garcia' -his solo debut--exclusively features co-writes by Jerry, Dead percussionist Bill Kreutzmann, and famed Dead lyricist Robert Hunter, including "Sugaree," "To Lay Me Down," and "The Wheel." Now expanded with 8 previously unreleased outtakes from the original album sessions. -

Originally released in '74, Garcia (Compliments) features Jerry's interpretations of immortal songs by Van Morrison, Dr. John, The Stones, Chuck Berry, Smoky Robinson & more. Now features 10 additional tracks from the Compliments sessions-all previously unissued-including Holland-Dozier-Holland's "(I'm A) Road Runner" and "Lonesome Town.". -

1976's inspired 'Reflections' was split between a handful of covers featuring the Jerry Garcia Band, and a pack of Dead-backed (Weir, Hart, Lesh, Kreutzmann and more were on hand), Garcia/Hunter-penned tunes including the masterful "Comes A Time." Now boasts 5 bonus tracks including the JGB's "Mystery Train" studio jam, and the Dead reveling in an 18-minute+ take on "Orpheus." -

1978's 'Cats Under The Stars' was the first to officially acknowledge the Jerry Garcia Band by name, and features original compositions by JGB's John Kahn as well as a spate of Garcia-Hunter gems. Now with 7 previously unissued extras including an alternate take of "Palm Sunday," and a rehearsal version of "Down Home." - Divided between originals by various configurations of Garcia, Hunter and Kahn-including the extraordinary "Midnight Getaway"-and choice covers including "Knockin' On Heaven's Door"-

1982's 'Run For The Roses' was Garcia's final solo LP. Now expanded with 6 previously unreleased tracks from the original sessions including two more Dylan classics, "Tangled Up In Blue" and "Simple Twist Of Fate." -

‘All Good Things'

sixth disc-"Outtakes, Jams & Alternates"--is a bonus bonanza of 13 previously unreleased rarities including an acoustic version of "Lonesome Town," an "Iko Iko" studio jam, a "Hey Bo Diddley/Hide Away" medley, and much more!

Yeah I hear ya Jes,

I was sorta hoping for some live stuff,but I guess thats all available out there anyway,some Legion would kickass.Would of been sorta sweet to get some of RH's personal recordings of Jerry & him..but this is still somthing I will end up getting without a doubt.

I look forward to it either way.

I was under the impression we werent going to see the re-release of his studio work?

Oh well, take me money anyways...............

By the way, Grisman's label is releasing a new Garcia-Grisman cd in April as well. I am all over that one like Davey-Boy on a Dirienzo's sandwich.

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

hmmmmm.....this is all studio stuff eh?

In that case hopefully for the listeners benefit the box-set will include some of the same stuff Jerry used to stay awake while making these bad boys!

That'd be fine Colombian coffee, perhaps?

Aloha,

Brad

Archived