Jambands.ca

Jim Rome's Take On The Original Star Wars DVD

Jaimoe

From yesterday's show:

Not that I need to tell anyone of you nerds this, but just in case a few of you missed it, the original star wars trilogy is going to be released on DVD this fall. Apparently this is big news in the world of geeks, losers, and no-lifers. The movies had never been released on DVD before and apparently the dorks are all fired up. The movies are expected to be released in September.

Well, I am sure it won’t be long before one of these losers in his obi-wan kenobi costume starts setting up shop outside of the video store. If they are going to line up for months just to see the movies, I can only imagine they are going to do the same for the DVD’s. 30-year-old men, in full wookie gear standing out front of the blockbuster having light saber fights with another loser in a yoda costume. Trust me, it is only a matter of time.

For the last time, there is nothing cool about star wars. They are movies. Nothing more. No matter how many times you see them, you are not going to turn into Luke Skywalker. If you are over the age of 10, and have anything other than total disinterest in any of this, you’re a loser. That’s not a joke, I mean it. Those movies are for little kids, not grown men who live at home and cover their walls with pictures of princess Leia. I have bad news for you. Leia is a 50-something woman now who is about 60 pounds past her playing weight. It’s over. Stop. Enjoy the DVD’s.

Guest Low Roller

His comments on Star Wars not withstanding, Jim Rome really pisses me off because he's always criticizing people and things that happened, yet I never hear him offer an opinion on future events...

I think the guy is a schyster who always plays it safe, unlike our canadian hero Don Cherry.

quote:

Originally posted by ollie:

Booche -- how can you like Rome given his ignorant views on soccer?

I also think his jabs at women's sports are extremely weak.

Not that I still don't listen from time to time.

I listen to Rome when I can and I know that he's misinformed some of the time. However, he's not wrong with his observations regarding the worst aspects of professional soccer: diving, faking injuries, goofy haircuts, over-celebrating goals, racism and eating orange slices.

Rome slays me..............

I could care less if he actually believes what he says, his delivery is perfect. He is respected enough by many athletes I admire, and that alone is sufficiant.

Can you honestly say his recent rant about the women's professional soccer league didnt speak some truth? Did you even know there was a Women's Pro Soccer League?

I just like to laugh man, its that simple.

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by ollie:

Booche -- how can you like Rome given his ignorant views on soccer?

But really, are you surprised? We're talking about an AMERICAN giving his opinion on SOCCER...

Archived