Jambands.ca

Pink FLoyd Experience

snarfmaster C

quote:

Originally posted by earthfreak:

anyone see them and strongly believe it's worth that kinda $$$$?!?!!

It is absolutely not worth that money. To be completely honest, I wouldn't pay $10 to see it again. It was terrible. The guitarist playing Gilmour's spot was bang on. He shone. The rest of the band was terrible. The keyboardist was continually off with his parts, the 'lead' singer just held his guitar as a prop for the whole show. The drummer was so bad that I could have done a better job and I've never played the drums and have no sense of rythm. There was a pretty talented guy playing the saxaphone but he screemed of professional hired gun (he wasn't one of their buddies that they grew up listening to floyd with).

I honestly considered leaving the show at several points and I'll usually sit through anything. I would really recommend saving your money for something worthwhile.

Love and peace.

Its weird how so many people will buy into going to a show like this one eh? I mean I was talking with the roomies the other night and someone said "The Pink Floyd Experience is coming to the arena in Peterborough" and people were like "woah!!! let's go!!". Which I found puzzling because a) none of them listen to Pink Floyd, ever and B) they didn't even wonder who was in the band, how much it would cost, etc. End of rant. [big Grin]

if you like floyd, you'd be better off seeing comforatbly numb. they've been ottawa's floyd cover band for the past ten years. they're playing next at the capital on march 12th (tickets nowhere close to $35!). they're doing dark side in its entirety and then other classics from animals, wywh, etc. for a better floyd 'trip', check out the numb. it's significantly better then 'the experience.'

Archived