Jambands.ca

Honestly, Dave Chappelle is the funniest guy

Marky

quote:

He can more than hold his own with Chris Rock, stand-up wise. Just tune into one of his stand-up specials for proof.

Yeah, totally agreed. I burned some of his stand up for when I'm driving long-distance. It keeps me awake cause I'm laughing constantly. The bonus is that you don't have to listen to Chris Rock's annoying, albeit endearing voice.

Seinfeld is definitely my fave, "I'm telling you for the last time", brilliant. Eddie Murphy "Delirious", classic. There's an old Richard Pryor show I watched long ago that I found to be really good too. You can tell he was whacked out on coke. I was lucky enough to see Jerry live twice at Massey Hall. If you like stand up comedy, his movie "Comedian" would be worth checking out. It gives the viewer a lot of insight into the stand up world and what you have to do to make it. There's a lot of famous comics in the movie too. Bill Cosby is portrayed as The Godfather of stand up. Imagine trying to make a whole room of people laugh and keep them interested without losing your cool. I have a lot of respect for stand up comics. Does anyone remember the Diceman?

that is for sure. he is so funny. his stand up show is amazing. his show is really funny but is hit and miss. when he misses it's really bad but when he hits it's gold. I've been making a dave C tape. i've got like 6 shows and two stand up acts. too funny!

ps. Odweeds ----pot with out the thc!

Chappelle Show, is the best example of a comedian being given tons of money and a timeslot and being told to do whatever he wants...and he does!!!

I've seen them all and the best by far is "Tyrone the Crackhead" pure magic. There is also this kick ass Apple Computers Commerical that slays me everytime. If you haven't had the chance to catch Chappelle Show, just dowload all the episodes off Kazza or something, you'll be glad you did.

Diceman eh...Andrew Dice Clay, was the shit "The Adventures of Ford Fairlane" is still one of my all time favorite movies, I still use lines from it in my everyday life.

Half Baked is one hilarious movie and since seeing it I've always thought Dave Chapelle was super funny. (and I've never seen his show). BUT I saw him on Letterman about a month ago and to me he came off like a complete prick! He was talking about how he'd just got back from some corporate sponsored conference in the Carribean where they hired him to do stand up for the business men, talking about how great it was, and then he was completely mocking the poor people he saw on his trip, just making fun of the fact that they are poor, as well as making fun of their cultural traits, etc. I thought it was pretty lame.

Archived