Jambands.ca

Don't forget, "The Corporation"

CyberHippie

quote:

Originally posted by hamilton:

Watched part one tonight - very interesting. I like how they compare the behaviour of corporations to the behaviour of psychopaths. Interesting how all of the criteria matches.

Yeah that's pretty crazy! I mean it blows my mind that the corporation has all the legal rights of an individual but the personality of a psychopath. It's pretty scarey that the corporation is our dominant institution. Man o man, that whole 2020 global warming, world destruction doesn't seem so far off...

As for the corporation replacing religion... I kinda see that, in the sense that at one time regligion was the dominant instituion and now it's the corporation. However I see religion of the past serving for the good of people, essentially implementing rules to live by. I think religion has been replaced by the legal system. The coroporation is some malicious 3rd party that's come in and overridden everything else for personal gain. Very strange... [Confused]

What an excellent, excellent movie 'The Corporation' was. I was lucky enough to see the movie in Victoria where the director gave a speech beforehand and then talked to myself and a group of my friends afterwards. He's a really great man who made a really great documentary.

If we don't revoke corporate charters, we're going to die. It's that simple. The system just doesn't work.

We can't fly cuz our vessel is designed to fail!

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone cares to join me:

Joel Bakan, author of The Corporation : The Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power, in conversation with Ian Brown (host of TVO's documentary series The View From Here) about the nature of this apparently sinister institution we call "the corporation".

Tuesday 16 March , 7:30pm (doors 7pm)

@ Innis Town Hall, UofT, 2 Sussex Ave., Toronto

(N/W corner of St George, one block south of Bloor)

info: 416-598-1447

Free

Archived