Jambands.ca

2004 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Inductees

Jaimoe

Here they are. Jackson Browne may be an inductee, but he'll always be a fucking cowardly wife-beater who'll rot in hell one day.

From the Hall Of Fame website:

Jackson Browne -- For more than three decades, Jackson Browne has been one of rock’s consummate singer-songwriters. Writing intricately crafted, deeply personal songs, he made his mark as a master chronicler of the affairs of the heart.

The Dells -- The Dells began recording in 1953 and still perform today with virtually all original members. They have performed and charted in every decade since the Fifties, making them one of the most influential vocal groups of all time.

George Harrison -- Post-Beatles, George Harrison’s career spanned three decades during which he not only furthered his artistry as a musician, songwriter, and producer (of music and numerous films), but as a humanitarian on the world stage.

Prince – Self-produced since his debut at age 20, Prince is one of the most unpredictable as well as one of the most magnificently charismatic figures in the entire pop landscape. His fusion of rock, funk, soul, metal and punk has defied all stereotypes.

Bob Seger – Detroit’s standard-bearer of rock and soul began his multi-platinum streak in 1975, followed by a decade of nearly 20 consecutive top 40 singles, all of which celebrated Bob Seger’s allegiance to and love affair with the music that provided his escape from an impoverished childhood.

Traffic -- Nurtured in the communal flush of the British Invasion, Traffic outgrew its psychedelic pop roots to become a true fusion group – melding a folk-inspired simplicity with bluesy jazz improv that was given plenty of space on its extended compositions.

ZZ Top -- With the Texas soul, outlaw boogie, and souped-up hot rod funk served up by the durable power trio of Billy Gibbons, Dusty Hill and Frank Beard – ZZ Top – is literally the last word in rock. Three-plus decades on, these Funky Kings might just go on forever.

The Tea Party - Humble and completely unique, this trio that hails from Canada blends catchy hooks with brilliant lyrics and daring musicianship - Leader/guitarist Jeff Martin is one of the true visionaries of rock who can even take East Indian music to a new level, promting Ravi Shankar to once say: " Martin is the best sitar player alive today ".

Tea Party! Nice one Jaimoe!!! -

I'm still slightly pissed that Rush isn't in, frankly I think most people would agree they're at least as deserving as Bob Seger, Jackson Browne or even ZZ Top - nothing particular against any of those artists, but I think Rush has had just important a career as any of them. (And let the flaming commence...)

Peace,

Mr. M.

I was like, there's NO WAY Ravi would say something like that. I saw The Tea Party do a sick acoustic (with all Indian instruments) set up at Lakehead, then they came back and did a rocking electric set. All for around $10... One of the best non-jam shows I've ever seen, but no way can he play a better sitar than Ravi...

Archived