Jambands.ca

Burt Neilson Band @ Pepper Jacks Mar.01/03

Esau

Good times last night - awesome show!

Jeremy Little (a.k.a. the Bass Laser for the Burt Neilson Band) will be back in Hamilton tonight playing bass in a band called Full White Drag at The Underground.

Click here to visit the Full White Drag website where you can take a listen to some of their tracks. I've seen them play before and they are a powerful band.

Some reviews of them:

“.. a razor sharp war-cry,.. thanks to complex, shape shifting song structures, punchy production.. and loads of inspired guitar torture in the Sonic Youth tradition.. FWD’s collective youth was spent mixing its Fugazi with the post-punkers like the Psychedelic Furs.. a confidently caustic sophomore album that hardly seems intimidated by the ‘coolest city in America’ hype emanating from neighbouring DETROIT.” – Ben Rayner, The Toronto Star, Jan ‘03

“..the sheer magnitude of noise emanating through the twin-guitar attack of Dave Mueller and R. Mathew Fields is enough to dispel comparisons to the most nerd-rockers. The lyrical content of album, produced expertly by House Of Miracles' Andy Magoffin, matches the intensity of this release. This is one dominating and intense album from a most underrated Canadian band.” CHART Magazine, Jan ’03

Glad to hear you made it home ok, Trev, Mike.

I really enjoyed the show last night. I thought they played really well and I enjoyed their new songs quite a bit. I heard a few sorts of groans about "this is cheesy" or things along those lines, but I'd much rather hear a few honest attempts at well-written songs than an aimless 25 minute wank-a-thon. And, saying that, when it came time to jam BNB laid it on nice and dank. Glad to see theyre back.

Fun night too, for getting the chance to meet some people from this board - you all know who you are, pleasure to meet you! - and see lots of familiar faces. A real nice night!

Pepper Jack's rocks!!!!!!!!!!

[big Grin]

Yeah those roads were definately bad - thanks again for getting me home Trev! Wicked show!

Set I

Torn and Frayed

Waves

Watching TV That No One Else Can See

By the Door*

Schlipkiss

Speedbump

Lost and Lonely**

Annabannana

Set II

Fly Like an Eagle*** ->

Stop 28

Bored Again^

Just the Same

Down With the Sound

L ->

Staying Here^^

Martian

Encore:

Inside Joke Jam^^^ ->

50 Ways to Leave Your Lover

*New Tune

** New Mike Tune - first time played

*** Steve Miller Band - first time played

^New Jeff Tune

^^New Song

^^^Crazy gosepel sounding song - that apparently was an inside joke with the band

Archived