UPcoming Music in Ottawa

gentlemonkey

Wow, the next two weeks are packed!!

Monday 21st- Wassabi and Servo at Deckuf

Thursday 24th- Herbie Hancock trio jazzfest

Friday 25th- presswon? (new ottawa jam band?) babylon

Sunday 27th- Bob Wiseman at Club Saw

Tuesday 29th- JON SPENCER BLUES EXPLOSION babylon

Thursday 1st- Canada day! (mutilple events..)

Friday 2nd- Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, jazzfest.

mercy me! :: looking forward bluesfest and to the next round in august too- wilco/sci/sonic youth!

Also on Thursday is a show at Cafe Dekcuf with Comfort Station, The Bronze, and Wax Mannequin.

I wouldn't describe PressWon as a "jamband". It's much more in the hip-hop (with possibly a worldbeat edge) category. They played at Mavericks on June 11 with The New Shady Groove and were described by FreekerByTheSpeaker as "craptacular".

One day you forgot: Saturday, The John Henrys are playing at Zaphod's, opening up for The Golden Dogs.

Aloha,

Brad

well.. I was going to make my own thread but I'll just attach on to this one.

one of the bands I play in will be at The Rainbow on Thursday, for the three people who aren't going to Herbie :)

The band is called The Crowd (www.thecrowd.ca) and it's a 13 piece classic r&b band. We will be at The Rainbow (www.devant.com/rainbow) this Thursday, June 24th.

The Rainbow is trying to start a new policy (hopefully for just the Sunday to Thursday shows) of having the bands play from 9:00 until 11:30 so that audiences can see the whole show and still get home at a decent hour.

So, if Herbie isn't your scene or you just can't get in, come check us out.

And to add to the Jazzfest listing, The Shuffle Demons (www.shuffledemons.com) will be playing at 6:30 on Tuesday June 29th. I'll be there front row centre!

cool pat, i'll be at herbie, but i definitley want to check out 'the crowd'.. i've been seeing the posters around for years, but just havent taken initiative. now theres no excuse.

well.. I'll keep posting our gigs here.. hopefully we won't always be competing with the majors :)

you know, come to think of it, I missed both Herbie and Prince the last times they were here because of Crowd gigs..

Bump Bump, just wanted to add a quick note to anyone trying to check out the million shows going down this weekend, tommorow (Thursday) as BradM mentioned Comfort Station will be playing at Dekcuf, I have a bunch of free tickets available to anyone who wants to come by and check us out, lots of new material again we've been working hard on, we'll be on at 9:30 or 10pm, hopefully holding until after the Herbie show. Just e-mail me or send me a PM and I can get tics to you. Thanks