Jambands.ca

goin straight edge . .

mikey d

so i decided a few weeks ago that id take a long break from smoking pot. i decided my last day would be 420, but what with the long weekend and all I slipped some in on the 21st. I'm going until the first night of my summer, or the last day of my school year, June 20th. Today is day 2 and im already sketching out!

Anybody got any pointers on ways to get around the craving??

No weed? Look on the bright side; now you can start popping some pills.

Barring that stupidity, I would echo the aforementioned advice of staying active. It's a good time of year, what with spring and all. Go for some good walks, play some frisbee, and remind yourself that you're doing something good for your mind and body.

It does get easier after a few days. I like to go on 2-3 week hiatuses every few months myself, but sounds like you're going on a more extended break. One day at a time and such. Try not to surround yourself in a pot-inducing environment too often.

If you get confused, listen to the music play.

hang out with people who aren't entirely chronic is probably a good bet... always took a new girlfriend who didn't really care to partake much to motivate me in that direction... staying on the same wavelength and all

plus the damn computer work ("um, what was I just doing?)

staying in public limits your opportunities(unless you're hangin with all your chronic buddies)... drink more, see live music

takes about a week or two for the initial urges to pass... comes back 6 weeks later... but its not intense like cigarettes or other things... just a strong habit... enjoy the increased intensity of your dreams... after you've been baked all the time for some time its wierdest of all to be straight... just like being baked back in the beginning... enjoy it whilst it lasts [Wink]

Addiction and habits are 2 different things I believe. If you have a habit of doing something at a certain time, or for certain events, when those time's or events arrive, you really wanna do that thing you do.

That's one of the major pieces of quitting smoking ciggies, even though it is addictive. You have to cut out the things that you usually smoke to, or move them around.

I suppose the biggest thing one could do with 420 is to limit access to it. In that regard, if you get it from someone in particular, send him on a cruise for 2 weeks [Wink]

uh, hey phish stick i'm also right there with you-did the 'anti-420' thing....I also stopped drinking coffee....kee-rist i'm shaking as I type this.

i've been smoking 5-10 joints a day for 10 years...figured it was time for a break.

it's hard-i've tried to go on 'hiatus' or sabbatical many times only to fail miserably within days or hrs.....so yeah staying away from people that are smoking helps, uh, not smelling it helps. Thank God my girlfriend agreed not to smoke it in the apt or i'd go nuts...

Hide all of the apparatus and paraphanalia. Get some outdoor hobbies and activities going(if it ever f%^@%ing warms up!)

I'm about to go to my first Nero show completely sober since the first time I saw them 2 years ago. weird.

therse some good advice up here,,, stay away from ppl that are chrons, find a new hobby, stay active keep your mind busy,practice your insrument more

i like staying clean for a week or two then indulging, its refreshing in a way, i hate getting all burnt out day after day

and your dreams get alot more vivid with a clear head, more lucid dreams i find

good luck brother

thanks for the good vibes guys. its day 3, and its still intense. I was around it for the first time today since quitting and it was rough to just pass the pipe to the next guy in the circle without toking it. The problem with not being around chrons is that all my friends are mad pot heads! Now that it is nice weather I'm definately going to be more active, but another problemw itht hat is whenever I used to go for a walk I'd always hit a bowl before hand, but I greatly enjoy being outside with this beautiful weather. My dreams already have become more vivid . . .something about a long lost riend and some sort of intestinal worm last night . . ??

I definately am going to enjoy not burning out every night around 6. And I'm also going to take this as a time to work on my playing and not jsut stick on some ehadphones and try to trip myself out. hey, I may even try hard in school . . . . wait . .. .

I'll make updates as the days pass. Peace.

We were up in heaven

But now we're in the mud

We fell off the wagon

You should have heard the thud

We were so superior

But that was just a phase

We were high on life

For fourteen boring days

Bartenders got insulted

When we would insist

On ginger ale, Perrier

Or soda with a twist