Jambands.ca

Bob Dylan on 60 Minutes Dec.05.2004

Esau

November 24, 2004 -- BOB Dylan, the great American Bard, will appear on "60 Minutes" — his first television interview in more than 19 years.

Dylan sat with correspondent Ed Bradley for 90 minutes last Friday while on tour in Northampton, Mass. — the interview is slated to air on Dec. 5.

In the broadcast, Dylan talks about his career, fame, his difficult relationship with the press and his relationship with his father.

http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/32154.htm

Looking forward to that program of 60 Minutes! I've been on a huge kick of one of my two all time favorite artists lately.

What with Bob Dylan's official autobiography that just came out, seeing Dylan in Rochester on November 13, with his twelve songs that made the Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Songs of All Time list and with Masked & Anonymous being on The Movie Network a lot lately.

I can't wait for my next Dylan show and I just saw him!

You should hear the show I just got today,haven't yet heard a version of Stone Walls And Steel Bars that beats this one,even the Vancouver 98 show we were at Tim although awesome,is hard pressed to rival this version.Pretty dam sweet Masters of War to,wow what a great tour that was.

An astounding recording sourced from either the soundboard or* if you

listen to the rumors, from someone tapping into the frequency that was

transmitted to Bob's "ear monitors," i.e. no monitors on stage at this

show.

San José Arena

San José CA

May 19, 1998

[color:"red"] San José '98 Soundboard

Absolutely Sweet Marie

The Man In Me

Cold Irons Bound

Just Like A Woman

Silvio

Stone Walls And Steel Bars * (acoustic)

Masters Of War (acoustic)

Tangled Up In Blue (acoustic)

Make You Feel My Love

Highway 61 Revisited

(encore)

Forever Young (acoustic)

Love Sick

Rainy Day Women #12 & 35

San José '98 Soundboard

I also have that Rochester show you were at Tim.

I also have that Rochester show you were at Tim.

Thanks Greg,

Wow that was fast! It doesn't take long does it? I have a few things to pick up from you, like this Dylan show and the Morrison show from Toronto that we attended. I really appreciate it!

Are you going to Benevento/Russo next Friday? I can pick them up from you then.

WARNING! I bit of a spoiler

www.billboard.com

Edited By Jonathan Cohen. December 03, 2004, 3:55 PM ET

Dylan Sits Down With '60 Minutes'

Bob Dylan's songs may have spoken for a generation in the 1960s, but Dylan says he never saw himself as more than a singer-songwriter.

"'You're the prophet. You're the savior.' I never wanted to be a prophet or a savior," Dylan tells Ed Bradley on CBS' "60 Minutes." Excerpts of Sunday night's (Dec. 5) scheduled broadcast were released in advance by the network.

"Elvis maybe. I could see myself becoming him," Dylan says. "But prophet? No." The idea of such a perception made him feel like an "impostor," he says. "It was like being in an Edgar Allan Poe story and you're just not that person everybody thinks you are, though they call you that all the time."

He added, "If you examine the songs I don't believe you're going find anything in there that says that I'm a spokesman for anybody or anything, really."

One of Dylan's classics, "Like a Rolling Stone," was recently named the top song of all-time by Rolling Stone magazine. But it's an honor Dylan downplays.

"You know, the list, they change names quite frequently, really. I don't pay much attention to that," the 63-year-old singer says. "But it's a pat on the back, Bob," Bradley says. Dylan replies: "This week it is. But you know, who's to say how long that's going to last."

The interview is Dylan's first for television in 19 years, according to "60 Minutes." The artist recently published his first memoir, "Chronicles: Volume One" (Simon & Schuster).

wait, i thought Coltrane was the only one who made the pact? How many others cheated by teaming up with 'the devil/god'?

I Robert Johnson is the most famous of all who made a pact with the devil. This was found throughout Johnson's music. Specifically the song "Cross Road Blues" which was made famous by Eric Clapton when he arranged it with electric intruments for Cream's "Wheels of Fire" album entitled "Crossroads."

Bob Dylan made a pact with God so I hope I get to talk to him in Heaven as I doubt I'll have an opportunity to do so on this earth, but maybe I will "in the world we can't see."

Also it was funny seeing the Simpsons making fun of the Bob Dylan interview the same night that it aired.

The Talbot Report: So Bob what religion are you converting to now?

Bob Dylan: We'll I'll tell you one thing,(a bunch of Dylan gibberish). Shalom.

Also it was funny seeing the Simpsons making fun of the Bob Dylan interview the same night that it aired.

The Talbot Report: So Bob what religion are you converting to now?

Bob Dylan: We'll I'll tell you one thing,(a bunch of Dylan gibberish). Shalom.

The funniest part was that, due to 60 Minutes being delayed due to a football game, that bit aired about three seconds before the 60 Minutes Dylan piece started. They couldn't have timed it better if they tried...

Aloha,

Brad