Jambands.ca

QOTD - May 7th

Kitari

Okay, I am so in love with my new place that I had to post this QOTD!

What do you like the most about your home?

What do you like the least?

For me, I love that as I leave work I'm stuck in the congested city core, but as I get closer to home, the road just opens up and I fly along. I love that everything is included in my $700/month rent (even cable)! And I love that I have a yard, a pool and a huge trampoline at my disposal for parties!

I don't like that my landlord often chooses to argue with his son right outside my living room window. That's my biggest complaint - so really, I have it goooood!

How about you?

I love the fact that I can see the whole city of Calgary from my backyard, yet I can't hear any of the city noises.

I don't dig it when past tenants come to get their mail and tell me that someone hanged themselves at the bottom of our stairs. (I can see past this but the girlfriend was freaked out)

quote:

Originally posted by Kitari:

What do you like the most about your home?

Its location: right on the Transitway (one bus to the office, one bus downtown), walking distance to the river, across the street from a shopping mall (w/ Loeb & Wal-Mart).

quote:

What do you like the least?

The layout of the kitchen: it's a small (smaller than the one-bedroom apt. out of which I moved) galley kitchen, so small as to not accommodate more than one person, with a wall between it and a tiny & useless "breakfast nook". A lot of people in my block (of townhouses) combine the two into a big kitchen.

Aloha,

Brad

There's so much to love about our place. We have nice neighbors, the location is great, the rent is super cheap. We have a backyard, a huge kitchen and enough room for guests. But the thing I like most about it is that I get to share it with Bouche and see him every single day!

The thing I like the least? The putz landlord. [Mad]

What I like best:

The 125 year old Victorian architecture, the 12 foot ceilings, the original hardwood, shutters, light fixtures and moldings. I like the washer and dryer in the basement, and the backyard patio. Also the fact that it is a 10 minute walk from my office, and that I am a couple of blocks from the high speed internet provider so my DSL connection is FAST.

What I dislike is some of the noise from the neighbours, but I can live with that! We have a great place and we love it.

Colin

What I like best:

The 125 year old Victorian architecture, the 12 foot ceilings, the original hardwood, shutters, light fixtures and moldings. I like the washer and dryer in the basement, and the backyard patio. Also the fact that it is a 10 minute walk from my office, and that I am a couple of blocks from the high speed internet provider so my DSL connection is FAST.

What I dislike is some of the noise from the neighbours, but I can live with that! We have a great place and we love it.

Colin

Best thing for sure is the location!! right accross the river from downtown....but you'd never know it. quiet community (except for us??), mature trees, yard, deck. Plus, landlord? never met him [smile] they have a company manage it for him and we see them twice a year, set by appoitment.....beauty.

The worst ?? Its pretty damn small. Built in the 20's so it has high ceilings but its really small. We call it the "cabin" cause thats about the size of it!! It also gets DAMN HOT in the summer and pretty chilly in the winter...

I love reading the daily questions, but I never feel bold enough to answer. So here goes...

I love that I can see the St. John river flowing into the ocean from my window.

I hate, no, dislike, that I can smell yeast and hops from Moosehead Breweries when the wind is blowing from the West Side.

I also hate that I live in one of the worst parts of town, and that the neighbours who live across the street reenact 2-2-7 every day, playpen, lawnchairs and all. Silly grubs, stoops are for pidgeons.

p132

I love that my place is roomy, relatively cheap, right downtown, and a stumble home from Cafe Dekcuf.

I dislike that I can't play music at the volume I would truly love - ie. fucking LOUD. (it's an apt. building)

Like best: location -- hop, skip and a jump to the market and within five minutes walking distance to the biggest LCBO store (last time I checked) in the province.

Like least: when people park in my spot! Not being able to turn it up to eleven is also a bummer.

Best: Rent! $950 inclusive (including parking). Pretty good deal for a large 1-bed in TO! No roommates! Great neighbours. Landlord leaves me alone.

Worst: The hottie that lived upstairs moved (luckily, just up the street). Small kitchen. The beautiful huge Oak tree in the front yard had to be removed [Frown]

LOVE the size of our place, and the fact we can get loud in there on weekends (eg; last Friday night, YOUCH!)

HATE the location, with regards to our friend's locations.

Aside from Rahmer, he is fairly close, all things considered.

Even though he is a Jerkwad

the only thing I like about my place is that I am a five minute drive to work, and I just had a new roommate Cristin move in - and she rocks!!!!!!! [big Grin] Unfortunately she's only here for a month or two.

I really truly don't like much else...my room is the size of a walk-in-closet, the rest of my roommates suck, the walls are paper thin - and the landlord is horrible (unreasonable!!!!) --- technically my name is not on the lease, but I gave my word I would stay until Sept.......

Oh well - I pray come September I am somewhere better and hopefully out of London too!

...dude....I wanna see the fricken map that shows Dave-O's apartment as being closer to your place than say Sloth's, Barrett's - almost everyone's house to yours....geez...what are you smoking??

(hi Sunshine)

Well, it seems that way, but I am also taking into account that I can grab a bus right outside my door, and be at his place 15 minutes later...............

Bronson>ColonolBy>Something>Main>Rhamer Road

It's a really quick drive by comparison.

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

...dude....I wanna see the fricken map that shows Dave-O's apartment as being closer to your place than say Sloth's, Barrett's -

I know you don't get out much... but here's the facts courtesy Mapquest.com:

Norberry Cres

Ottawa, ON

TO:

Lees Ave

Ottawa, ON

Total Distance: 6.40 km

Norberry Cres

Ottawa, ON

TO:

Spruce St

Ottawa, ON

Total Distance: 6.42 km

But there no comparison when it comes to the driving route... geez...what are you smoking??

(I hope there are no stalkers out there reading this thread [Eek!] )

[2627-2741] Norberry Cres

Ottawa, ON

CA

to

[592-608] Besserer St

Ottawa, ON

CA

Total Distance: 10.16 km

.....so according to mapquest it's an extra 3.7 km's from my place? Dave-O, you know my place is not that far from you......

Guest Low Roller

Why I like my place:

Babylon -> my crib

(Courtesy of Mapquest)

Total Distance: 0.29 km

Total Estimated Time: 0 minutes

well not my house specifically, but peterborough In general

I like that I can walk anywhere its generally clean, tons of wicked people, good shows pretty regularily, and many great places to go and see (eateries, cafes, a good venue, parks, etc)

I dont like all the assholes. theres many.

Archived