Jambands.ca

kd lang

bokonon

When I was fifteen years old, I first heard of K.D. because "Chi Pig", the lead singer of a Canadian punk band, S.N.F.U. ("Society's No fu©kin' Use"), used call himself the next K.D. Lang. (He's an asian martial artist hardcore punk.)

It took me a while to make the connection, but one day I saw K.D. on TV; I laughed hysterically...

Really looking for a response on the "lesbian / house coat" comment.

I find this sh!t completely offensive and would ask those who share these outdated views and the dumb-assed tendancy to bring sexual orientation into a comment on an artist's skill or importance to try frequenting boards where NASCAR and general red-neck-ity are the prevailing themes.

If this was a joke ... my opinion stands and the personal attack is retracted.

Deeps

Deeps, I can't speak for him, but knowing Phishy_K from this board I am quite certain this was intended as a joke; especially as he added an emoticon and the sarcastic "*duck*" after his post. I suspect his post was meant to be in purple.

If, however, his post was not intended in jest; your comments are apt.

people got so mad at her for denouncing beef when she grew up in Alberta... called her a traitor - i imagine if people gave up beef altogether it would wipe out a hellof a lot of families out there...

I imagine most up here would applaud her for it. I'm not sure which i'd do - do you HAVE to speak out about your convictions?

just a question to make you go hmmm...

I think it is very important to speak out about your convictions. That is one of the hallmarks of living in a free society. Remaining silent helps no one.

First they came for the communists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist.

Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak up for me.

- Martin Niemöller, German pastor

In anticipation of your reply to the above, allow me to clarify that I am not suggesting that eating meat is comparable to genocide. I am merely saying that keeping silent has never helped anyone or any cause. We must always speak up for what we believe in out of fear that no one else will.

Cool Cool,

I am the brand of kid who speaks up. I think there are people who can live day to day in silence before things that they know are counter productive to the common good.

I feel that these people are afraid of conflict or believe that they hold little wisdom and thus take the approach of silence.

Though silence and avoiding conflict are valid they never really change anything except teach outspoken (for lack of a better term) people like myself that SOMETIMES you don't need to get involved. For this I am thankful and have learned to effectively channel any dissent I may contain.

I've had this happen before; where people question my tendancy to speak out. It's funny how the silent and conflict weary masses that make up the majority of my friends and loved ones can be opinionated about the need for everyone to shut up about their opinons?

More food for thought.

No offense taken for the opening of this debate and thanks Stone Mtn.

Deeps

PS If I didn't say anything I wouldn't have been able to make a word like red-neck-ity. Seems to be paying off!! :P

KD has gained a lot of weight, has feet like Fred Flintstone and was dressed like a goth hippo, but that dude can sing!

...only in Canada

lol

Did you see the outfit she wore? *barf*

Perhaps it sounded like I was attacking lesbians in general. If so, I apologize and offer some 'big ups' to the queer community, ever wonderful as they are.

However, KD Lang is effing disgusting and I wouldn't touch her with a 10-foot pole.

Ever heard gay men joke about lesbians? Same basic thing. Chill out.

However, KD Lang is effing disgusting and I wouldn't touch her with a 10-foot pole.

PhishyK -- that's just rude and childish. Not enjoying someone's music is personal opinion -- nobody's gonna attack you for that -- but your comment above is dumb!

Ever heard gay men joke about lesbians? Same basic thing. Chill out.

and this comment doesn't even make any sense to me.

kd has a voice that sends chills down my spine and shivers where .....well where it's nice to have shivers.

kd lang is an awesome musical talent PERIOD.

Deb, just cuz I find KD Lang extremely unattractive and I tend to place her in the same doggy bag as Rita McNeil doesn't mean I don't like YOU.

K

I think what's at work here is an inability to understand that her physical appearance as well as her sexuality have piss all to do with anything, but for some reason seems to be the crux of your discussion at every turn. Do you have a subscription to Maxim?

*duck*

If this started about some ugly dude with musical skill then the looks aspect wouldn't have likely entered the debate. To me this is an annoying pattern I see amongst a lot of men including my musician father.

This behaviour keeps the lot of us who have deprogrammed this - looks first and talent second, boyhood training - down. Some women will read your postings and think that most men are like this...they would be wrong and would realize it shortly after the feeling came over them, but the fact that they feel this in 2005 is unfortunate.

It's like when I asked a dude if he's heard Ani Difranco and he replies with

"I don't listen to hairy armpitted feminist dyke music"

And I say that's a little closed minded and tells me you haven't listened.

And he says "ohhhh I've listened and I don't get into it that why I said that."

Nice retraction ... ooops you're still an idiot!

This is just how I read it and I by no means dislike Phishy K, there's all kinds of folks and all kinds of ways to bees friends with thems.

Deeps