Jambands.ca

Vegoose announcement!

Basher

Finally, some real news!

From Vegoose.com

VEGOOSE!

We're proud to announce our Las Vegas Halloween festival extravaganza, VEGOOSE, which will take place Saturday and Sunday, October 29 and 30, at Sam Boyd Stadium and on the surrounding grounds.

Among the artists scheduled to perform are:

Dave Matthews & Friends

Jack Johnson

Widespread Panic

Phil Lesh & Friends w/ special guest Ryan Adams

The Meters (Art Neville, Zigaboo Modeliste, George Porter, Jr., Leo Nocentelli)

Trey Anastasio

The Flaming Lips

The String Cheese Incident

Primus

Ween

The Shins

moe.

Spoon

Gov't Mule

Digable Planets

North Mississippi Allstars

Michael Franti & Spearhead

The Decemberists

Atmosphere

Blackalicious

The Magic Numbers

Lyrics Born

More Artists To Be Announced Soon!

In addition to the events at the stadium, VEGOOSE will be augmented by a series of special late night performances from October 28-31 at select venues throughout Las Vegas, including the Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel, the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay, the Orleans Arena and other venues. These shows will be ticketed separately. The line up and details for these shows will be announced at a later date. Ticket availability for these shows will be limited. Those who have purchased tickets to VEGOOSE will be given the first opportunity to purchase tickets to late night shows in a special pre-sale. Details will be made available at the same time as the shows are announced.

Ticket Info:

Tickets for two-day passes to the events at Sam Boyd Stadium will go on sale Saturday, August 13 at 10AM PST through this website.

TICKET PRICE: Tickets for VEGOOSE 2005 are priced at a special rate of $128.50 each.

-Ticket purchase includes access to both days of the festival as well as parking for one vehicle. (NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO CAMPING OR 24 HOUR PARKING ALLOWED ON THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS OR IN THE VENUE'S PARKING LOTS.)

-There is a limit of 6 tickets per order.

-Price DOES NOT include facility, service or shipping charges.

-Facility fee is $6.00 PER TICKET.

-Service charges are $8.25 PER TICKET.

-There are two shipping options available:

$9.00 UPS 2-Day Air (Includes delivery confirmation and tracking. Does not require signature for delivery.)

$11.00 UPS Signature Required (Includes delivery confirmation, tracking, and requires a signature for delivery.)

Shipping costs for International Orders vary based on the country to which the order is being shipped.

IMPORTANT: ALL TICKETS WILL BE SHIPPED ON OCTOBER 10TH, 2005, VIA THE DELIVERY METHOD OF YOUR CHOICE. PLEASE REMEMBER TO HAVE YOUR TICKETS SHIPPED TO AN ADDRESS WHERE YOU OR YOUR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE WILL BE DURING THE 2nd and 3rd WEEKS OF OCTOBER 2005. That's the address where you want to have your tickets shipped.

Guard your tickets carefully - just like cash! There will be ABSOLUTELY NO REISSUES for lost or stolen tickets!

ALL SALES ARE FINAL. VEGOOSE 2005 will take place RAIN OR SHINE. All acts advertised have confirmed their appearance at VEGOOSE 2005; however, acts are subject to change without notice.

Please take some time to review the official 2005 Vegoose Info Guide for more information regarding the event including policies and guidelines.

Please visit this website regularly for updated information about VEGOOSE 2005.

I think I'd like to do this, too, maybe with a couple of days either side of it to enjoy Vegas for what it is. I should have enough vacation left to take a week and a bit around that time.

What's the best way to arrange getting there and having a place to stay?

Aloha,

Brad

The solution to your conundrum, KM, is simple: Convince the happy couple to move the wedding to Vegas! Use one of the chapels where an Elvis impersonator does the ceremony, have it take, say, 10 minutes, take 10 pictures, and spend the rest of your time enjoying the music.

Aloha,

Brad

I could likely get people rooms at Ballys or Paris for $100 and $125 per night respectively. I believe a deposit is due upon booking that is refundable if you cancel at least 48hrs prior to arrival.

If you want the details PM me, and once I talk to my contact and confirm if they will allow others to book at that rate I will reply.

True, there are LOTS of choices, however you should probably book soon. Vegas is one of those places that is always fucking busy. I think every time I (or someone in my family) has gone our accomodations have been rearranged in some way, shape or form. Stupid conferences. Since when do people go to "Sin City" to be productive? The strip should still be about hookers, coke and pissing away your life savings. Oh yeah, and seeing some killer bands every once in a while. :P

If you do get the runaround from your hotel, just stand your ground and say what my Mom always says: "You overbooked? Why, that's a real shame. I guess we'll just have to take one of your deluxe suites then." ;)

Wow! Crazy line-up! But I don't think I'll go to this. As Sunshine says, probably looking at $1000 for 4 days!

For those interested, if you go to Expedia web site, you can search for flight/hotel packages to Las Vegas. Cheapest I saw was $550 Canadian. Not bad really. But add 2-day pass and expenses to that and it gets pricey. Expedia packages web page

Anyone know if it's reserved seating at the stadium?