Jambands.ca

who posted Lauzon's show on jambands?

kookycanooky

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to hijack a thread, but since we're on the topic, if you dig Don, there's a guitarist named "Jeff Goldberg" who was once a student of Don's. His CD sounds just like Don, IMO, and I highly encourage people to check it out (if you can find it).

EDIT TO ADD: Okay, I just found Jeff Goldberg online, if anyone is interested:

http://www.coolname.com/go/jeff_goldberg

Edited by Guest

NO HIJACKING!

I've heard very much Don Ross, but I think Lauzon's approach to the acoustic guitar with his vaste skills at the pedals and looping is way more interesting than Don Ross or Keller. I've got a bit of Keller and I really haven't put it on more than once. I've listened to Lauzon's tracks at least 4 times! More to come of course.

I agree about the looping regarding Keller, but I don't think Don ever does that. His is just a unique finger-picking style.

I hear his sound out of Dave despite all the looping.

I don't know about Keller as compared with Dave. To me, Keller isn't really that interesting anyway; but I've been told that you have to see him to really appreciate it, which I haven't.

HOLY COW!!

I just listened to this for the first time tonight and I am right-well blown away!

bradm -- I was there when it happened and I was there agin when I heard the recording. Nice, nice, nice job. I'll be in touch about a disc (I still think digital watches are a good idea).

Dave -- Wow! That's it, man, that's all I can say. Wow. (Belated happy birthday, again!)

Everyone Who Was There -- Thanks, guys, for the awesome time. Moments like this are made even better when you can share them.

bradm -- I was there when it happened and I was there agin when I heard the recording.

That's one of the best comments I've ever heard about one of my recordings. I thank you.

Moments like this are made even better when you can share them.

This is one of the main reasons I record shows. What could be better than taking something you love and sharing it with people?

Aloha,

Brad

With Or Without You.

i listened to it again to make sure i wasnt crazy...

i start to pick up the progression around 1:16, we're just about there around 2:30, and by 3 minutes im singin "and ya giiiiiiiiiiiiiiive, and ya giiiiiiiiiiiiiiive, and ya giiiiiiiiive yourself awayyyyyyyyy"...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, this is (probably) my last word on Dave Lauzon's show on 18 Dec. 2005, but this entry showed up on 5 February on John W. MacDonald's blog

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Listen to Lauzon

Kathryn Hunt's Blog posts a link to Dave Lauzon's December 18th's performance at the Dusty Owl reading series. It was the best intimate musical performance I've seen in 2005. But that's not really saying much as I don't get out to bars for the live music. Thanks for the link Kathryn!

The actual link to the twelve or so tracks is on jambands.ca. [Look on the left side of the page a couple of page down clicks for the header 'Live Music": Dave Lauzon Dec.18, 2005 Ottawa, ON.] I say twelve or so because the first track is basically just an introduction. Give it a listen; his guitar melodies are truly mesmerizing. Apparently all the songs were performed for the first time in public, save for track 3 (Betty's Funeral). Betty was a chicken by the way...

I think this puts in a nice plug for jambands.ca...