Jambands.ca

Gordie Johnson to work on new Mule record

TheGoodRev

His role is kind of ambiguous from this statement; not sure if he's writing or producing or both. If he's producing, I can't believe the Mule would do a record without Michael Barbiero, who has produced or co-produced every Mule studio album to date. From a Mule.net e-mail I just received:

MULE IN THE STUDIO

Following a few days off after the New Year's shows, Gov't Mule is returning to the studio to record its follow-up to Deja Voodoo. Warren flew down to Austin, TX yesterday to write with producer Gordie Johnson (Big Sugar) and the band and crew will join him next week and enter Willie Nelson's famed Pedernales Studio to begin recording.

The soon to be launched mule.net/inthestudio will be providing you with "fly on the wall" access to the recording of the new Gov't Mule record. Beginning January 18th with rehearsal, and continuing through the entire recording process, come to mule.net/inthestudio for daily updates including a blog, photos, streaming video, and more.

instead of the later polished/clean crap sound.

... that still sounded better than 90% of what was on the radio :)

looooooooove the Big Sugar / Grady... Anything Gordie touches (musically) I love.

AD

I'm a big fan of the Heated album....I've never really found anyone who shared the love with me! What an awesome album. Any collaboration in any respect will have my utmost attention.

instead of the later polished/clean crap sound.

... that still sounded better than 90% of what was on the radio :)

looooooooove the Big Sugar / Grady... Anything Gordie touches (musically) I love.

AD

I'm a big fan of the Heated album....I've never really found anyone who shared the love with me! What an awesome album. Any collaboration in any respect will have my utmost attention.

I share that love. I wasn't too impressed with most of the later Big Sugar albums when they first came out, but now I find that I quite like them. I think I was all Big-Sugared-out at the time.

I love Big Sugar and I love Mule, I think this will be a great collaberation. As well, I think a few Danny Louis penned songs are gonna be on this album with him playing guitar on one or two of em...he was busting out some sweet solos at the NYE show

Either way I cannot wait for this new album because it means a new tour!!! yay!!!