Jambands.ca

THANKS! FAT CATS w/ MEAT & FRIENDS OF HEFNER> post your reviews!

Jay Funk Dawg

thanks jay for a great evening of music. getting to hear these guys all play at the elmo is a real treat. the sound system was excellent and whoever was doing sound did a great job. kudos! the hefners were cool. i caught their whole set. next time i would encourage everyone to be there early. WAY TO GO MEAT! nice tight concise set. the songs segued nicely and everyone was on fuego. good work boys!

First time seeing the cats this century- its been a while - like 10 years. They played with experience and still had the playful dexterity i remembered them for.

Thanks for a great night.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fatties drummer is killer. who is he? as i said i haven't seen them in forever. but i have to say...these two bands brought it large. i think we are lucky to have bands this good and a venue with such history right at our finger tips. i would love to see this happen again. - SOON!

The bass player from the meat is eric stein. he is a pro. see: http://www.beyondthepale.net/

Hey everybody. Great night on Friday. That room sounded great. Meat sounded awsome and so did The Friends of Hefner. Great to see everybody. It's always a blast.

Our drummer's name is Adam King. He is a solid drummer and a great guy to play tunes with. He jams with some other bands in Toronto as well. I'm sure he would appreciate the comment.

Thanks again and we wlook forward to the 4:20 show at Pepperjack's on Thursday.

See you there.

Josh

Friday was a fantastic night of music!! Thanks ya'll!

Electric Meat was in fine form as usual, they played a 400 Miles that knocked my socks off, it reminded me of the Tweezer from 12-6-97, it never seemed to end! :D And oh the teases!! Your a mean man Jon. You left me hanging with some serious Grateful Dead blue balls. LOL

The Fatties played a fantastic set! Super tight and groovy. I found the jams to be more intricate and bumping than usual.

I brought 3 people out who'd never heard of these bands before and they all had a blast! Looking forward to the next gig.

Jay you got up with the fatties? I guess my eyes were shut and I was in musical bliss... zoom zoom zoom.... What song did you play?

Trev, don't know the name of the song I played on... but it was the last song of the night, it's got this bluegrass opening hook, that i'm sure someone here knows the name of that song.

As for Adam King he plays in J's Basement, he's the leader of a Live PA/live Electronica group called Subrhythm., he's the sub drummer for HOLY FUCK, he produced the recent album by Methodology and he's also played with High Plains Drifter a couple of times.. what a great dood and drummer! Keep your eye on that guy.