Jambands.ca

Speaking of Buy/Sell

\/\/illy

We're listing Leanne's old car in AutoTrader tomorrow. It's a 1994 Ford Probe GT, Burgandy Paint, 5-Speed Manual Transmission, 150,000kms, Bucket Seats, 5-Spoke Aluminum Alloy Rims, Sport Tires ($2000 worth), AM/FM/Cassette/EQ Stereo, etc. It's super clean and Leanne has owned it and driven it since 1996 (easy driving). It simply isn't large enough for our dog.

There's tonnes of tread on the tires as well. It's killing her to have to part with it. She'd love to see it go to a good home. It'll probably list for $3500 or best offer. I've got lots of pictures I took tonight if anyone is interested.

hey boy! would ya throw in driving it up to us and spending the weekend with Team Scully????? (we'll feed and water ya like nobody's business!)And we'll also get ya so sauced by a Sunday night, you'll imagine you're driving the Greyhound or VIA back to Hamilton.

good lawd, will it really cost us $3500 to get you guys up here for a visit?????

We're listing Leanne's old car in AutoTrader tomorrow. It's a 1994 Ford Probe GT, Burgandy Paint, 5-Speed Manual Transmission, 150,000kms, Bucket Seats, 5-Spoke Aluminum Alloy Rims, Sport Tires ($2000 worth), AM/FM/Cassette/EQ Stereo, etc. It's super clean and Leanne has owned it and driven it since 1996 (easy driving). It simply isn't large enough for our dog.

There's tonnes of tread on the tires as well. It's killing her to have to part with it. She'd love to see it go to a good home. It'll probably list for $3500 or best offer. I've got lots of pictures I took tonight if anyone is interested.

question - I'm about to sell my car - how did you determine the selling price?

answer - we had the 'used car abstract' done at the license bureau and it gives both the wholesale and the retail pricing for the vehicle. It's only an estimate but it'll give you some idea.

also, search for your make and model and year on autotrader.ca in your area, and that will give you an idea of what the car is selling for these days.

also' date=' search for your make and model and year on autotrader.ca in your area, and that will give you an idea of what the car is selling for these days.

[/quote']

Very true; we did that as well.

did that and there is a 3000 gap for the same km's model, year. ie: exact car is listed for 3500 right up through to 6500 so I was wondering about those books, red, blue, black and which one is seller friendly i know the black book is the dealer used for a trade-ins and the red book is used by customs to determine the value and i didn't know there was a blue book nor did I know there were different values.

- most likely selling to someone I know so I don't want to ask for too much or too little for what its worth.

I think I'll look into that used car estimate -estimate thingy you mentioned thanks.

anyway back to the original topic and skrew this hi-jacking.....

good luck with your sale.

Edited by Guest

Many people on AutoTrader list their car for more than they are looking to get for it, under the assumption that the price will be negotiated down during the sale. It's a terrible sales technique that simply results in less people calling you with interest. You can throw out the high-end prices you saw, and based on the range you posted, I would say $5,000 or so is a good ballpark.

The used vehicle information package, that you are required to purchase and complete during the sale, will tell you the wholesale and retail estimates for your model as mentioned previously in this thread.