Jambands.ca

Been missing us? :-)

TomFoolery

Hey skid-bags,

After a long absence, Kayte and I are back online!

Here's the reader's digest version of the last eight months...

- Got the bus to BC

- Went skiing in Nakusp for a month

- Ran out of money because of all the skiing

- Took a job with a forest consulting company

- Kayte started a soup company

- Bought house in New Denver

- Bought computer (Mac - first time on an apple and loving it!)

- Lovin' life and back online

So, I slaughtered three lambs this morning (complete with sledge-hammer hits to the head) then spent the rest of the day with a tow truck driver pulling, in turns, his truck out of the muck and our bus out of a forest.

All is well - kinda crazy - but lots good.

The music scene in the northern kootenays leaves something to be desired, but I should have a fun project or two underway within a month or so. Playing bass again - got the ol' BC Rico from my bro - and playing around with the stock studio program on the mac (Bouche - you are way ahead on the curve with the whole mac thing - they rule!).

Hope yer all well and up to the same ol' shite.

J&K out

So, I slaughtered three lambs this morning (complete with sledge-hammer hits to the head) then spent the rest of the day with a tow truck driver pulling, in turns, his truck out of the muck and our bus out of a forest.

All is well - kinda crazy - but lots good.

I want to write a song in which the above quote is a featured lyric/verse.

So, I slaughtered three lambs this morning

Complete with sledge-hammer hits to the head

Then spent the rest of the day

With a tow truck driver pulling

In turns

His truck out of the muck

And our bus out of a forest

All is well

Kinda crazy

But lots good.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

Jay! So glad to hear you and Kayte are alive and well. I do think of you often actually. Everytime I see/hear a mandolin, a kayak, a funky flower planter, a roasted pig and especially when Mike and I go to Wakefield. We're getting married there in June so we've been there more frequently than usual.

Thanks for checking in. What a nice treat!

Brad, you kill me :-) I want to write a bass line for your song.

DEM - the lambs were a bit of a trip. It was definitely something that I had to work up to. I'm not much of a killer but I figure if I'm going to eat it, I should be willing to do the deed. I got Deb's message on the email, but haven't had access to a decent computer or a telephone since March - a call is coming!

Ms. Hux - I'm stoked to hear you'll be doing the deed in Wakefield. Where at?

Btw - Hamilton dirt-bags - Kayte will be hitting Hammer-town for a limited number of appearances from the 15th to the 23rd.

Computer crack is good...

The song should be titled LAMB KAFTAS. You could include a recipe for those in the chorus.

J, cool to see you back online. As for the mac, since I got the Mighty Mouse, I have been using the mac more. I guess I could have just plugged in a regular USB 2 button with a scroll wheel, but for some reason, I didn't think that the mac supported right-clicking. THen I tried out this might mouse at a store and realized that I could right-click and scroll. SO I got one when my regular wireless mouse died.

The wireless (one-button) mouse was replaced under warantee and it is for sale! If you your mac supports bluetooth, place an offer ;)

Been missing us:-)

[color:red]YES!

[color:green]YES!

[color:blue]YES!

[color:black]YES!

[color:purple]YES!

[color:orange]YES!

[color:yellow]YES!

[color:gray]YES!

[color:brown]YES!

hope to see Kayte when she's back....but when will we see you?

did get your number/K's message and will call when it's less nutty 'round here (too many kids on a rainy day syndrome). Can't wait to catch up and hear about K's soup endeavours!

Congrats on the house!!!!