Jambands.ca

Into The Wild

can-o-phish

I've enjoyed listening to the soundtrack. I'll post it if anyone wants it.

That's it! I'm calling the IFPI and BPI! File sharer!

LOL .... nope, you're going to "review" it and then go "holy fuck that's awesome, i'm going to the movie AND buying the soundtrack". Word of mouth grassroots, etc. etc. yadda yadda :D

brb

Well, it's just in theatres so if you were to show a DVD to your students then you'd kind of be promoting piracy ;)

Why not do a school trip matinee with them...guaranteed they won't be throwing popcorn or making out during this one...

There is the book that inspired Penn to make the movie though...kids still read these days, don't they?

What a lame fuggin' review...and it seems there's more talk about the soundtrack than the film and Chris McCandless...

Yes, Vedder did a great job on the soundtrack but this film borders on a docu-drama that would be just as powerful without a soundtrack...

Maybe there should be a "Film Forum" or did I miss that... ;)

I've been planning to get out and see this, as I really loved the book, but with my dislike for movie theaters I've procrastinated in doing so.

But, my biggest concern is how true Penn kept to the story with the film. I've read some conflicting reviews from folks who have read the book about the movie but have yet to actually ask or hear from anyone I know.

CoP or anyone else who has seen the film, any thoughts on book > film comparison?

I've been planning to get out and see this, as I really loved the book, but with my dislike for movie theaters I've procrastinated in doing so.

But, my biggest concern is how true Penn kept to the story with the film. I've read some conflicting reviews from folks who have read the book about the movie but have yet to actually ask or hear from anyone I know.

CoP or anyone else who has seen the film, any thoughts on book > film comparison?

It's very close to the book but Penn took a few "liberties" yet he didn't "Hollywood" it up...

Emile did an unbelievable job of playing the role of Chris...the ending proved it to me as the closing shot is an actual picture of Chris but it takes a while to sink in as Emile looks so much like him and it is the finishing blow that drives it home...

It's very close to the book but Penn took a few "liberties" yet he didn't "Hollywood" it up...

I always assume with any book to film adaptation there are certian liberties taken, but its great to hear Penn didn't hollywood it up and after catching Penn on Letterman last night and his saying he waited over ten years to get approval (from Chris's family) to make the film, I'm even more interested in seeing this.

Thanks.