Jambands.ca

DMB - Toronto - June 18th

Basher

That Deep Elem Blues, Keller played that night was just sick. We took our oldest daughter to this show, she was 11 days old. I thought DMB was one of the better Toronto shows they have put on over the years.

This show will sell out real quick and I wouldnt be counting on cheap lawns. It was 49.85 +11. 25 service charge that night.

11 day old daughter eh? That's very cool, were you on the lawn? So the Molson amp allows young kids? I may just have to consider this one. The more shows we can bring the little guy to the better. :)

They were the shit back in 95-98. I would go and see them in the States for sure, but in Canada there are too many cougars (that sing all the songs louder than he does) on the prowl.

What he said.

I'd rather stay home and sing along drinking cheaper beer and not be accosted by the abercrombie and fitch white hat gang and Brah's everywhere.

the last time/first time I seen DMB was Ralph wilson Stadium.. and WOW the biggest idiots I have ever encountered were at this show.. just horny College retards with candy necklaces trying to get girls to eat them off of them.. and umm let's see I blocked out a lot of memories.. my sister and I ended up leaving early and listened to the show outside for a bit.. then seen Girl's throwing up and panicing from being too wasted!! Oh and I have never ever seen sooo many people drink beer with straws then I did at DMB show.. Ozomalti opened.. and they were great :)

but after all that garbage.. it was about 7 years ago.. maybe 8.. I might try to go to this show depending on the price... but years have past since that experience hopefully it's gotten better

i like DMB..saw them once at barrymores and it was fantastic.

as for "putting out good stuff in the last 5-10 years" i think the album 'Some Devil' is excellent.probably in my top ten albums i've bought over the last five years or so. its not DMB but his 'solo' album. trey is on a bunch of tunes. if you have not heard it i really recommend it.

thats one crazy busy tour!

Strange that is the last album of his I bought. I hated it and haven't bought an album of his since.

thats why they make chocolate and vanilla.

Beleive me, I also have had some uncomfortable moments at DMB shows. There was the Syracuse On Center show in 1996 (or 97?) where we sat - with fat doobies rolled and ready to be blazed - between 4 12 year old girls in front and a security guard behind us in the aisle. talk about frustrating! yes, these girls chatted aimlessly the whole show until the played "Crash Into Me" (HUGE US hit in 1996), whereupon they wet their little girl panties.

Then there was Rochester the night or two before where it was GA on the floor (the War Memorial). Although we weren't intentionally moving in any direction, I remember waving goodbye to Brian Hamilton as the surge of the crowd lifted me up off the floor and carried me away like a wave. By the end of the show we were like 40 ft apart.

Music was always solid though.

the last time/first time I seen DMB was Ralph wilson Stadium.. and WOW the biggest idiots I have ever encountered were at this show.. just horny College retards with candy necklaces trying to get girls to eat them off of them.. and umm let's see I blocked out a lot of memories.. my sister and I ended up leaving early and listened to the show outside for a bit.. then seen Girl's throwing up and panicing from being too wasted!! Oh and I have never ever seen sooo many people drink beer with straws then I did at DMB show.. Ozomalti opened.. and they were great :)

but after all that garbage.. it was about 7 years ago.. maybe 8.. I might try to go to this show depending on the price... but years have past since that experience hopefully it's gotten better

That was in 1999 I think... That was the first time I saw him too. I had a great time - ben harper and ozomatli opened.

He's worthless now.