Jambands.ca

KFC Canada Offers Vegan Chicken!

Basher

This should be interesting...

529-kfc_vegan_chicken_sand.jpg

KFC Canada Offers Vegan Chicken!

by Pulin Modi

Following months of closed-door negotiations between PETA and KFC Canada, the company agreed to a historic new animal welfare plan that will dramatically improve the lives and deaths of the chickens killed for its restaurants. One part of the agreement that will warm hearts—and stomachs—is the addition of a vegetarian chicken sandwich to the chain's menu!

KFC Canada is adding the Classic Vegetarian Sandwich to the menu of more than half the KFC locations in Canada. The sandwich features a crispy vegan faux-chicken patty, and you can easily make the delicious treat totally vegan by asking for it in a wrap and without mayo. Yum!

To celebrate the groundbreaking new sandwich, KFC Canada is offering a buy-one-get-one-free coupon for a limited time only! ( Click here for the English version of the coupon, and click here for the French version.)

Now through September 2008, present this coupon at participating KFC Canada restaurants when purchasing a Classic Vegetarian Sandwich and you'll receive a second sandwich absolutely free! That means that you and your best nonvegetarian friend or family member can finally dine together in peace!

The sandwich will be offered at more than half the KFC stores in Canada, and the coupon will be valid at participating locations. Visit the KFC Canada Web site to find a location near you.

Well, I have my own issues with PETA and their tactics, so I am ignoring that aspect of the story. The news to me is that there is a new option for me at KFC, and I'll be heading in to one of their restaurants for the first time in over 5 years.

Licks uses a separate grill for their Nature Burger. Harvey's doesn't. Where this will be cooked is a good question.

I am quite aware that when I go out for eats more often than not my food shares a grill with meat based products. I understand that. Only in a true vegetarian restaurant could I expect no chance of cross contamination.

I like many others find this kind of amusing considering KFC's history and policies.

Licks uses a separate grill for their Nature Burger.

the Licks booth was the most disgusting food booth at Hillside last summer. their staff were handling money, wiping the counter with their hands and then handling the food. we saw what was happening as we were waiting and had to asked for our money back.