Jambands.ca

Phish Tickets - nope

MoMack

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a great idea, yes, and I hope it works for me, but how many of thses are already destined for TicketsNow and StubHub and the sort.

Freakin rediculous if you ask me.

Bob please don't tell me that you believe TicketMaster holds tickets back for these sources. How many times do I have to explain how it works?

Basher, if YOU believe TM doesn't hold back selling tickets to sell through their Scalping Business, you need to brush up on your business knowledge.

Cause they do. And it makes full business sense.

May not be moral, but what is with tickets these days?

Apparently its now ok to sell/scalp tickets on here. Defended even.

and who do you think those individuals are?

the same folks who can get first cracks on tickets normally. the folks who have deals with TM.

or maybe your not familiar with that practice.

if you think tm is not giving tix to certain folks, presale, in order to sell through them, well ...

basher, you have business sense, its clear through your support of scapling, using the cover of supply and demand. fine.

but dont then pretend to not know about how TM is working with agencies through their online sites.

Basher, if YOU believe TM doesn't hold back selling tickets to sell through their Scalping Business, you need to brush up on your business knowledge.

Cause they do. And it makes full business sense.

May not be moral, but what is with tickets these days?

We talked about this previously. Read the TicketsNow FAQ - it is laid out pretty clearly there. Now, if you are saying they are lying in their FAQ, and they do hold back tickets, then that's another thing altogether I guess.

And I have also said before that there are most certainly rogue individuals working at TicketMaster that facilitate the delivery of tickets to certain individuals for their own personal gain, but to proclaim that TicketMaster is doing this as a regular business practice for the benefit of the company is obscene.

"...but to proclaim that TicketMaster is doing this as a regular business practice for the benefit of the company is obscene."

just as obscene as proclaiming its ok to sell tix for well over face value, solely because there is a demand for them. However, if we didn't create that demand, then there wouldn't be a market for scalping, and it would go away.

obscene.

Huh?

Listen, there are lots of examples of commodities that are traded in the open market based on supply, demand and speculation. Is an event ticket a commodity? I don't know, that's open for discussion.

If you want to take the moral stance that you are 100% scalping, that's fine. That also means that if a scalper is offering a ticket for an event below cost (happens quite often), you better decline. You can't have it both ways.

However, TicketBastard does hold tickets that they then put up for "auction" on their own site. If they do it there, why not on the others? I have a buddy who works for the Bastards and says that the increased sale value of their "auctioned" tix go straight into their pockets. You'd think that for those concerts where they do this practice that the artist would get that inflated profit. In their faq they make it sound like it's always client/artist driven, but my buddy says no. Take a look through their bullshit here;

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/ticketauctions?tm_link=tm_home_d1

Plus, YOU can SCALP your tix on TicketBastard.ca if you want. They actually HELP you do this. Take a look at people scalping Neil Diamond tix right now on their site;

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/exchange/10004130A1A25FB5/?tm_link=edp_buytix

Gotta love it. And then TicketBastard will make a profit on your scalping there by charging a fee when they sell.

TicketBastard claimed that this sort of behaviour was crooked before they decided to figure out how to get in on the action and now they pussy-foot around what's right/wrong.

I can't wait for him to get a new job (he can't stand it there anymore) and he can spill some of the dirt that he's collected ;)

so ya, umm, Kev.

There are these concerts going on sale on Saturday and it seems to me you may know someone on the inside... any hookups my brother?

haha. I wish. Staff there really don't get much access to tix at all. They are treated like shit by a company that cheaps-out on everything. The only thing he's ever been able to do for me is save on the service fees a couple of times ;)

Thank God! I knew I had some support for the anti-scalping world out there.

I should even throw a big shout out since the last Phish shows I saw were just post-hiatus, when tickets were hard as fuck to get and my good man Second Tube hooked me up at face value.

...ahh, the good old days!

(and just so it doesn't look like I'm getting into this other argument, or taking sides or anything - I've gotten 3 rows from Basher for face too!)

And since I'm here and have been all over the board with my morality and ethics, or lack thereof, lately - I would be surprised if there was an unscrupulous and sanctioned hold back by Ticketmaster. Although I wouldn't be surprised if there were employees that knew how to work the system. And I also wouldn't be surprised if there was an above board hold back by TM -ie. music today gets 3000 tickets, then we get 1000 for our ticketscalping arm and this is given the okay by the band, or at least their management.

just my $.02

Morgan, people get very emotional because they are trying to find someone to blame for the fact that they did not get tickets. Let's blame TicketMaster, let's blame scalpers, let's blame someone!

Nobody is blaming the band here (and I am not suggesting you should) - the shows are at a 13,800 seat venue, and over a hundred thousand people want to go.

Here is the equation - lots of people want to go, there are not enough tickets for everybody, and there are people willing to pay LOTS to go.

I mean, I have seen people bragging that they ONLY paid $300 a ticket on StubHub.

Do you guys think it would be ANY different if TicketsNow didn't own TicketMaster?